NaNoWriMo discussion

what happens on NOV 30?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Fiona Do you start editing?

I've been writing since Nov 1 but forgot to join...

I read short stories as inspiration to keep the flow going...

and i dont have much of a plot in mind. i just let one scene draw me to the next! so i don't know how it will end yet...that wont stop me!

message 2: by Asrai (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Asrai Devin (asrai_devin) | 4 comments Mod
Some people participate in NaNoFiMo which is finishing your novel in December. Because a lot people don't believe 50K is a complete novel. And this year, my story won't even be near completed the way it's going so I'll likely be doing FiMo. I don't know the websites off hand.

March is consider NaNoEdMo. In which you are challenged to edit for at least 50 hours during the month. Tracking this is a little harder, at least for me.

I wouldn't reccommend starting editing Dec 1. A book usually needs to perculate for a few weeks at the very least before you take a more critical look at it. That said, I've never actually successfully edited either of my Nano novels. I vow to finish my first NaNo into a complete story at some point, I just love the characters/story idea that much. My second year was a flop story and this one is crazy long.

So, Nov 30/Dec 1- you congraulate yourself for writing as much as you did during November and get everything done that you put off for the month.

message 3: by Fiona (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Fiona THANK YOU!

So, Nov 30/Dec 1- you congraulate yourself for writing as much as you did during November and get everything done that you put off for the month.