2666 2666 discussion

Where are you?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ron (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ron Bruno Jonathan wrote: "I just finished The Part about Fate. God, what a nail-biter. The first part I liked, but felt that if the book would continue like that it might be a waste of 900 pages. The second part was amazing..."

sorry, i just saw this now --- great book

Timothy K. I gotta say that The Part about Archimboldi is one of the greatest reading experiences I've ever had.

The Part About the Crimes was just a numbing experience. And I don't think I mean that in a good or bad way. It was just numbing.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Wholeheartedly agree Timothy. The Part about the Crimes, while certainly an experience reading, was the most difficult part to read through. It's difficult, graphic, extraordinarily real, and goes on and on. Then Archimboldi comes to save the day.

Branka Can anybody explain, why is it book called 2666... simbolics????

message 5: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben I don't think anybody really knows Branka. Although the '2666' in question does pop up in several of his other books, notably 'Amulet' and 'The Savage Detectives.' Plenty of people have their pet theories, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Apparently the title was found on his desk after his death.

Branka Ok. thanks..that helps !!!!

Joseph Buro Also, I started it again.