The Next Best Book Club discussion

Bookish Lists... > 1001 Books for Every Mood

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Conni (last edited Nov 23, 2008 07:26PM) (new)

Conni (ccorn) | 13 comments This is a fun book and fairly new. 2008.

1001 Books for Every Mood: A Bibliophile's Guide to Unwinding, Misbehaving, Forgiving, Celebrating, Commiserating by Hallie Ephron

Does anyone have this? I am asking for it for Christmas. The library loan is too short for an awesome book such as this. I like to highlight and put my own comments and such on the pages. I do recommend.

Abigail (42stitches) | 360 comments Well according to the Excel list for the 1001 best books ever, if you have read about 7% of them already and you are a 24 year old female it will take 16 books a year for the rest of your 80 year life span to complete the list...
I'm not trying that hard...
^^

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 204 comments Conni,
Do you have any suggestions for a down in the dumps mood?

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments There is actually a thread title "something depressing" I believe. You may find some on there.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Thanks Conni, I just requested this from the library!

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments I have this book and found it to be one the best book recommendation books that I have ever found. A lot of the books on my to-get-to-read list and my on-shelf-to-read list are from this book.

message 7: by Conni (new)

Conni (ccorn) | 13 comments I know Eric. Its so cool.

Kelly-I am not sure if you want something uplifting or something such as what I will quote here from the book.
"For a Wallow in a Slough of Despond" HA! That is the chapter title and some of the suggestions are Bastard out of Carolina,The Heart is a Lonely Hunter,The Bell Jar, The Hours, Mister Sandman and those are just a few. Another chapter "is to Laugh and Cry at the Same Time" Catch-22, A House for Mr. Biswas Hope that helps...I recommend getting the book. Its great bathroom reading too since it has short snippets about each book.

Enjoy,
Conni

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I just received my copy from the library and I have three weeks to browse through it. I may have to ask for this for Christmas too.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 437 comments I picked up this book from the library yesterday. It looks really interesting. Lots of books I am not familiar with to add to the TBR list.