Chicks On Lit discussion

Thanksgiving

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fée d'écriture V (feedcriturev) Hello everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm very glad that I joined this group.
We all know that Thanksgiving is right around the cornor and I just wanted to wish everyone a happy one and if anyone is traveling to be safe and to have lots of fun with your family. And to read lots and lots of Books during this fun vacton time. and to come back with lots of funny stories about your Family. ^_^
Well Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Reading.

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Yes, Adele, Welcome to the Group!!!! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all of the CoL gals out there!

message 3: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Thank you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone.

Anyone going to be in Houston TX? I might need a family escape time.....

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli Like I said...I wish I were Meg!! LOL That would be great fun. Did you see my post about one of my best friends moving back there and when I go see her in Houston we need to coordinate trips?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments What a thoughtful message. Thanks, Adele! Same to you. :)

Fée d'écriture V (feedcriturev) I'll be near Houston. We normally go to Dallas but this year its Houston. I'm super excited!! I cant wait to see my family. And a week off of school isnt so bad eaither lol.

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Thursday is my birthday, too, so I'll be chowing down on pumpkin pie and birthday cake!

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Have a wonderful birthday, Brittany!

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 111 comments I just wanted to add a Happy Thanksgiving to all, too.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Me too!! Happy Turkey Eating, Nap Taking, Count our Blessings, Thanksgiving Day!

message 11: by Thauna (new)

Thauna Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks Adele for starting the wishes and Happy Birthday Brittany!

Be safe if you're traveling! I'm traveling to rural/small town Utah (where I grew up) to be with my family.

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 66 comments Yes...Everyone have a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. Happy Birthday Brittany, what a nice day to have a birthday.
Peace and Love to All.

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) I'm traveling back to Illinois to visit my in-laws and then my family. I get to see my little brother and his wife (yay) and my best friend and her fiancee. (YAY!) Safe travels everyone!

message 14: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Chicks. Enjoy the day with all its chaotic love.

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments Thank you ladies!

message 16: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Happy Birthday Brittany! Happy day to all of you. I hope I see someone in Houston from COL. I will post when I am going to the Holocaust Museum (hopefully) to see the butterfly project. And anything else I can do without a gaggle of family.

message 17: by Christeena (new)

Christeena (kissmeteena) | 22 comments Happy Birthday Brittany and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

message 18: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments "chaotic love"...lol, tera! So very true!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all..I love this group!

message 19: by Robyn (last edited Nov 25, 2008 04:07PM) (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments *signing*
Turkey for you and turkey for me, turkey for my friends on Good Reads.

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Happy Birthday Brittany!

message 21: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments Happy Birthday Brittany! Thursday is also my younger brothers birthday I'm looking forward to the dual desserts as well!

Happy Turkey-day everyone!

message 22: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Happy T-day to all! I will be spending it with friends and not family (I leave it up to each individual to decide whether that sounds like a good deal or not!) Although one couple is hosting and bears most of the burden (i.e. getting up in the middle of the night to start the bird), we all contribute dishes to the feast. My offerings are two kinds of rolls and mashed potatoes to feed 15. I am so looking forward to Carla's southern cornbread dressing and Annette's corn pudding (yes, carbs are my downfall). What are y'all cooking?

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Yum..carbs are mine too! It seems like that's what my family is craving this year! I'm doing turkey and dressing (I'm southern), potato casserole, brocolli, mac and cheese, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, and apple pies.

message 24: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 54 comments This is our year to host the dinner, so my husband is gonna be one of the crazies who gets up to put the turkey in the oven. Everybody is bringing 2-3 side dishes so we don't have that much to do except to CLEAN the house. I'd rather cook. Not much reading for me this weekend since I have to at work at 5:45am tomorrow. No sleep for the weary.

message 25: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments I would so rather cook than clean, too!

It is just our immediate fam and on Friday so I WILL get a chance to read tomorrow! YEAH!

message 26: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments i would rather clean than cook... atleast, in my own house. :)

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli Oh Shelby...that made me laugh! Dressing and then your "I'm Southern" explanation. I had never thought about the fact that dressing and stuffing are the same thing. Isn't that funny? MY family is from the South too and they always called it dressing. I've always assumed stuffing was something that looked like dressing but was a different dish. Oh my gosh...I'm laughing at myself right now. Learn somethin' new every day dont'cha? ;)

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli And since this thread has become birthday wishes for Brittany also...which I think is awesome....I'm going to sing to you a day early Brittany. Hope that's ok!!

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Brittany!!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow eating your turkey and your cake in any order you wish. May all your birthday wishes come true!

message 29: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I'm doing turkey, mashed potatoes and noodles, sweet potato casserole, corn, rolls and cinnamon rolls, pumpkin bars (Shelby's recipe) and stuffing (Karey's) recipe! But I got some stove top just in case! Oh and I also got the ingredients to make Karey's apple pie too. and a strawberry salad. So I will be busy, busy, busy!

message 30: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments Thanks everyone for the wishes, and Holli for the song. I appreciate it! We will celebrate again over the weekend at Carrabbas and hopefully see Four Christmases.

message 31: by Holli (new)

Holli I want to see that too!! I have also never had Carrabba's although everyone says its fantastic. Gotta try that one!

message 32: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments last year's bday was my first trip there... the start of a tradition.

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Oooh, I love Carabba's. :) Have fun, Brittany!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* yummmm Carabbas...now I want that!
I'm making Karey's apple pie too!
Cindy I hope your pumpkin bars turn out well. They hogged mine up at work on Monday.
Ok I'm hungry now

message 35: by Holli (last edited Nov 26, 2008 08:35AM) (new)

Holli Hey Brittany...since the new Goodreads format started today I noticed you aren't in my friends list anymore and it won't let me add you now. Maybe because you are private? I click on the add button and it doesn't do anything.

message 36: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments holli... same thing on my end. i noticed this morning. and you are the only one it dropped. i sent you a message. i'll try to add you again, but it's acting up here on my work computer.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Appreciate your blessings and have a Happy Thanksgiving Chicks!

(PS, Happy Bday Brittany!)

message 38: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments Thank you ladies!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Happy Birthday Brittany!

and to all a Happy Thanksgiving and to all a good night!