Codename: Dark High Noon... discussion

Be honest... did you like the movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jamain (new)

Jamain (justcallmejj) | 3 comments nope!! but it was funny though!!!

message 2: by Madeline (new)

Madeline lol yea

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) it was okay. it was one of those movies that u really want to see and you have to see it for yourself no matter what others tell you. it was good in some parts but the close up of the faces was freaky and the facial expressions were funny. they took out some of the funny parts and the fight scene where alice jumped on james and broke his neck my group was all like "YEAH!!! YOU GO GIRL KICK HIS (really really hot) BUT!" OH! and the baseball scene was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best scene.

message 4: by Brayanna (new)

Brayanna | 10 comments Honestly....i'm torn. I was incredibly unhappy with the fact that they changed alot of the crucial parts of the book (the dinner in port angeles, the meadow scene etc.). The meadow scene is freaking sacred!!! That's the one thing that HAD to have stayed intact. And I also felt like the whole movie was rushed so therefore it didn't portray the idea of Bella and Edward gradually falling in love. But then we also have to consider the fact that these people were trying to squeeze 500+ pages into a 2 hour movie. As if that weren't hard enough they also had a measly budget to work with. Now that summit just confirmed that the second movie will be made (it was announced the 22nd)I can only hope that maybe with a better budget and the experience gained from the first movie will translate into a better sequel.

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Madeline what sucks is that i would not have minded watching more if it made the movie better and more twilight-ish

cheeseflavoredcorncurls | 17 comments was it really that horrible? now i dont wanna watch it. i dont want it to ruin my vision of twilight... :(

message 7: by Zena (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:18AM) (new)

Zena yea same here. i heard a rumor that they are thinking about combining New Moon and Eclipse. does anybody think thats a good or a bad idea. i think it a bad idea, because theres a lot of stuff with Jacob that is important in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, and Italy will take up so much time. I LOVED TWILIGHT!!! i agree,. tho, that the should have left the meadow scene the way it was in the book. in the movie they did a lot of it in the forest! and they made Edward sound like he was really mad.i didnt amagine him being mad in that part of the book!

message 8: by Jamain (new)

Jamain (justcallmejj) | 3 comments ummm, It doesnt really ruin the book some people liked it and (especially my mom, shes reading the book right now.I actually think that the ones who didnt read the book liked the movie!!) the movie is actually funny, but they actually made it look like a very teenage movie

message 9: by Zena (new)

Zena yea... i hated emo-bella too. but the dont really have to show all of that. just the one when shes out with jess, all of the moterbike incedents, and the cliff- diving. those are the ones that i think are the most important. but the really have to show ALL of Italy. if the dont, i will get really really really mad.

message 10: by Vivian (new)

Vivian i didnt like bella at all. i did like edward and the other cullens. i thought the movie was really funny. but i think if you went into the movie comparing it to the book, then it was probably terrible for you. i went in having low expectations and tried not to compare the movie to the book, and it made it a lot better. for me, at least.

message 11: by Madeline (new)

Madeline it will be a little difficult for non-book-readers to understand them

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 32 comments Well yeah... they need to talk about them in the second book. OMG, I love the Volturi!

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) I think we need to start a new petition to get kristen stewart OFF THE CAST OF TWILIGHT!!!!!!! they did rush the movie and i agree that they should have left the meadow part. i really hope they don't combine new moon and eclipse 'cause then they will make a 3 hour movie and it will suck worse than this because they rushed so much.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 32 comments That would so suck.

AND KRISTEN MUST BE KICKED OFF! Well no cuz when people change cast in movies it's annoying.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mitchellemybelle) | 4 comments I knew before I saw it that i shouldn't expect it to be just like the book...but I never thought it would be this bad.

Yes, they totally screwed up the meadow scene. The cinematography was horrible. Anyone notice the close up shots of their eyes where you could see the contacts...I mean couldn't they have cleaned that up?

Not to mention...I was laughing out loud so much during the movie because of some of the stupid, stupid things they did. Edwards reaction in biology was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! The only thing that was funnier was when Edward pulled up in a HATCHBACK to save the day in Port Angelas...I mean come on, who is scared by a HATCHBACK pulling up no matter how much you screach the tires???

I could tollerate Rob Patteson's acting (I think he can be a lot better with some good direction) but Kristen had no personality. And the guy that played Jasper was just creepy with eyes that looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

I mean even if we could all get past how bad they screwed up the meadow scene...they still took out nearly every meaningful conversation between Edward and Bella so we know nothing about them and don't see them falling in love...instead we got three minutes of cheezy music with them laying in the grass staring into each others eyes.

Oh, and the scene where he is playing the lullaby on the piano...are we supposed to believe that they have some huge room devoted to their piano, fog machine and all, and it normally looks like some corny music video is being shot in there? Come on people (Summit Entertainment people)...Twilight fans are smarter than this and we deserve more!!!

I'm honestly afraid to see how much they will screw up New Moon.

message 16: by Laurel (last edited Nov 28, 2008 01:36AM) (new)

Laurel | 3 comments I thought the movie was horrible. It just didn't flow at all from one scene to the next with the actors feelings and their portrayal of the characters. I felt like one moment Edward was supposedly mad at Bella and the next again "supposedly" madly in love with her, but all of the emotions between them you couldn't see. All of the undying love that you gives you goosebumps in the book is nonexistent in the movie.
I also felt like each scene was rushed from one to the next and it didn't flow at all. The funny thing is that in the books, I loved Edward and while I liked Bella, her clumsiness and indecisiveness drove me nuts, but in the movies, I found myself really liking Bella, but not Edward. He was just not this perfect, god-like, selfless figure in the movie like he is in the book.
I was really disappointed with it.

message 17: by Zena (new)

Zena yea.. hehe, EDWARD WAS NOT GODLIKE!! i got really mad at that. but you really have to think: since there are no vampires in the area (i will not admit that they do not exist) they had to canst a human. and by no means is a human as Godlike as Edward The Super Hot Vampire.

message 18: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Bermejo (angelicabermejo) | 1 comments I hated the movie, they totally killed the image that i had in my mind, Edward from the the movie is not the same as the one on the book, he was lacking personality, and remember that he was suposed to talk like he was from another time but he didn't EVER!! I hate the scen when he jumped on Bella's truck saying something like: I'm going to introduce you to my family tomorrw.... he was like so teenage!! That's not Edward at all!!!, and there are a lot of other details that i hate about the movie, shame that i have to get back to work and not spill everything here...

message 19: by Jamain (new)

Jamain (justcallmejj) | 3 comments well, those people are only actors and they just wanted to turn the book into a film......and they made it based on a teenage film......so....yeah

message 20: by Alhana (new)

Alhana | 1 comments I liked and hated the movie.

message 21: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) Its really hard 2 say. for 1 we all knew it would b a let down just because it would b no were near as great as the books, but @ the same time we all(almost all) went into it with alot of hope, but not very high standards. I personally was very disappointed with the changes in the plot and story line, but thought they did the best they could with the director, time, and money alotted 2 them. I agree it wasnt the BEST MOVIE EVER!!! but just by the fact that its Twilight comming into the "life" it was amazing.. Yeah the actors were bad @ times, but hey most of them have never done big shot things b4.. give them a break.. hopefully the next ones better.. I just really want 2 c Breaking Dawn.. now THATS gonna b a good movie if they do it right.. but bottom line it WAS a good movie..(srry if i have spelling errors lol)

cheeseflavoredcorncurls | 17 comments ive just seen the movie and i liked it. ahaha. though at the first parts, the transition from one scene to the other was kind of weird because they're like completely unrelated but then as the film progressed, the flow got smooth. i also really liked the feeling of awkwardness that the actors seem to permeate throughout the movie. i don't know if it's intentional or not but i think that it complimented all the jokes that they slipped in there and it kind of livened the atmosphere. i also liked how the fight scene ended up. it was so intense. :D

i'm guessing that this will be like the 1st harry potter movie where people say that it sucks at first but then after some time, they're gonna say that it's ok and they wanna watch it again. ahaha. that's how my friends reacted. :P

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) it is one of those movies you love and yet hate. i might have already said that and if i did im sorry.

it is true that when they change the cast it is really annoying but if they change her then they should just completely redo the movie. oh darn.

message 24: by Zia (new)

Zia i thought it was okay. they left so much out and you could hardly see the love between bella and edward.

message 25: by Madeline (new)

Madeline that is why the sequel will not be understood very well

cheeseflavoredcorncurls | 17 comments my brother doesnt read twilight and he thought that i was ok. now hes started watching 'true blood'. the movie got him into vampires. ahaha. :P

message 27: by Immortal (last edited Dec 01, 2008 09:22AM) (new)

Immortal Fiction (immortalfiction) | 6 comments I was very happy with it based on budget and independent backing, and I love it MORE every time I see it because I'm no longer looking for comparisons but enjoying the movie version as a separate entity. I am thankful someone DID this movie at all even if they couldn't do it as well as they would have liked. It was a big risk and how could we expect more under the circumstances? People are judging it like it had every option available. It was a choice between taking a risk with it on a limited budget (includes scripting, film editing, directing, special effects, cameras, and more footage shot in October that they had to piece in). And they always shoot a lot more than they keep in so editors may be most at fault for what seems missing or clipped short!)

IMO they did try too hard to keep specific verbiage in place rather than focusing on building an emotional story. They didn't want to choose between vampire action and romance so they tried both and lost some romance to fit in more action. This what I missed most that wasn't budget based although more experienced people in that field could probably have decided better on what to include or cut out (experience costs money). I don't know why they left out important parts of the developing love story (Edward carried her to the office when she fainted in lab and then took her home; developing trust) yet they wrote in lots of extra bad vamp action?

Seems odd they tried to make it a murder mystery too when NO ONE in Forks was killed in the book. The bad vamps came through town specifically wanted to check out the Cullens because they'd heard about them and their unusual life style. That's why Alice sees them coming, not already there ravaging the town! I think Summit tried divided the film's timeline across too many genres (romance, mystery, sci-fi, action) failing fans for loss of original romance storyline and failing to deliver on effects and plot for sci-fi action mystery. But I still love the movie's charm on its own merit inspired by, not mirroring the books.

If they'd left it in the hands of Paramount and the first script it really would have sucked! That one had Bella as a track star and opened with her and James having a dinner date at a restaurant. Get real! So I DID enjoy the movie regardless of disappointments here and there because I didn not go expecting the best movie ever, only a good visual experience of the books I love so much. I WILL expect more from New Moon though and I would love to see Summit or someone else remake Twilight with a larger budget a few years from now.

Really good books are often made into multiple movie versions over years and this has great potential for being remade again. But look at how often Batman's been remade and I loved Dark Knight/Batman Begins best of all previous interpretations now.

message 28: by Immortal (last edited Dec 01, 2008 09:38AM) (new)

Immortal Fiction (immortalfiction) | 6 comments Kevin... love your new moon brief!! lol But you forgot Edward killing himself with glitter again then cursing himself some more for Bella being in more danger now with the Volturi too! I actually think/hope the Volturi visit will be a strong movie-worthy part of the next one, depending on whether the Volturi look like HP's Valdemort & Lucius Malfoy or Underworld's old ones or the high court(?) in Bill's and Ted's Excellent Adventure! lol
In all honesty I'm looking forward to the Native American culture and wolfboy humor in New Moon too and to Taylor's role as Jacob.

message 29: by Zena (new)

Zena yea, same here, but how in the world are they supposed to do the wolves in the clearing w/ laurent and bella??? thats one of the things im afraid of in New Moon

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i loved the movie!!!!!!!!!! i saw it twice!!!

message 31: by Zia (new)

Zia to zena: computer animation probably

message 32: by Madeline (new)

Madeline yea ... no body knows what scenes they will put in the movie and what scenes they will alter or take out completely

message 33: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (dreamsfromanotherplanet) | 53 comments Mod
I haven't see the film yet because I live in the UK, but one of my friends has seen it and she didn't like it one bit, she was very critical of it actually, but thats just because we are both film studies students :) but when it comes out here I am going to watch it without influece from the books and view it as a student of film and film making and make my decision that way :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that the movie was okay... I agree the acting sucked but the baseball scene was AMAZING!!! Rob wasn't as good as I thought he would be but i liked that his accent disappeared... It definatly was rushed and parts may not have made any sence if I hadn't read all 4 books b4 hand... It was okey that is about all I can say.

message 35: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (dreamsfromanotherplanet) | 53 comments Mod
Thats basicall what my friend said, The BAseball is supposed to be the best scene. as for the rest it was actually a very low budget film which was why it was rushed and not done like some amazing Hollywood blockbuster :D

message 36: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Yes, yes, yes I did!

message 37: by Zena (new)

Zena it was awesomely amazing. the baseball scene was the best, but i reread it in the book, and they had altered it a little. when james catches the scent, edward is the only 1 2 react, and laurent is the 1 who says "you broght a snack", not james. and laurent tells james and everyone else that they will not hunt in the immediate area, like carlisle asked.

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) i said it would suck didn't i! hopefully they will learn from their mistakes and make a better movie.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Ok i didn't really like it... they should make a new one!

Bella couldn't act... she looked like she was on drugs the whole way through and she had the same face and i KNOW in the book she says more than 3 syllables... but in the movie she barley spoke it seemed.

Really bad special effects... the "running" was bad, and what was with that whole ordeal... they looked liked they were flying, as i remember, in the book Stephenie described it running. The effects in the fight scene and the baseball scene were okay...

They left out some of the funny parts... but they left in a few too. The part were Edward was in biology w/ Bella, was making me cried cuz i laughed so hard. And i have to agree that when Edward picked up Bella when she was being stalked... when he stared at the guys was funny; he didn't seem too scary, just plain funny. And if i were those guys and all Edward did was look at me strange i would have just laughed and punched him!

Jasper was a perfect actor for this movie. In the book he is supposed to look like a freak. So once they showed Jasper at the Cullen’s' house the whole theatre laughed!

The meadow scene disappointed me the most. He supposed to take her there and show her how he "sparkles" (again another BAD effect. I thought he would have like diamond sparkles one some parts of his body, but they made him look fuzzy, lol!), but he took her to this really non-meadow-y place. Then, they arrive at the Meadow, but he doesn't say that it is the meadow, and they just lie down and stare at each other! Also, they were supposed to hike on the trail and that's were Bella freaks cuz she's so clumsy.

The lullaby... It made me want to throw popcorn at the screen. I thought that h gives a CD to Bella and he shows her the song. But they just had him playing the song and had scenes with the music in the background. So anybody who didn't read the book would have thought that it was just a song, and not a song Edward wrote specifically for Bella.

I did like that they had the two scenes with James, V and L at before they showed them at the baseball scene. That made it more interesting.

If you saw the movie without reading the book(s) i don't think they would have understood everything... you had to read the book to see the movie.

I did here that they were probably finding a new actor for Jacob... Taylor L (actor) was ewwww and i didn't like him at all, so them changing the actor before New Moon would be great... cuz it's mostly about Jacob.

Anyway over all i didn't think it was horrible... it was close... but i didn't LOVE it!

2 ½ out of 5 stars!

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) you have to much time on your hands! *POUNCE!!! TACKLE!!!*

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) THEY NEED TO CHANGE BELLA!!!!!!!!! I DONT CARE ABOUT ANY OTHERS REALLY EXCEPT HER!!!! It was so hard to watch her!

message 42: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle It's not out in the UK till friday and I've booked tickets to see it, can't wait x x x

message 43: by Beate (new)

Beate | 27 comments it wont come out in norway until january february, and in my town it probably wont come before i mai, so i kinda cheated:/okay, i downloaded it:/ couldn't wait that long, but really the film wasn't that great, it was okay though, i think she who played alice was great, but bella and edward was just okay

message 44: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (lirriea) | 9 comments They arnt combining the movies. They are leaving the books as is. The movie was great and I would recomend it to any twilight lover.

message 45: by Zena (last edited Dec 19, 2008 12:00PM) (new)

Zena i knw. i was really scared that they might combine all of the books together into one move, like they did with The Series Of Unforutunate Events! im really glad that they didnt.

message 46: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) me 2. i think it was amazing, but not really 4 non-twilighters. Bella was just okay, everyone else was amazing. including jacob. even tho i hate him...*swoon*

message 47: by Amira (new)

Amira (liightningbolt) I didn't think it was THAT bad but maybe that's because I kept the book and movie seperate in my mind. I would've liked to see more of the Cullens' in the film.

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) i think that the next one will be better because the director is amazing!!!!

message 49: by Amira (new)

Amira (liightningbolt) Yeah, I agree. Although New Moon is probably my least favourite of the series, I hope it'll be better than the Twilight film. I can already see the depressed Bella in my mind's eye. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet!

message 50: by Anita (new)

Anita | 4 comments as my brother would say...the movie was "weaksauce"

but it really helps that the lead actor is all charisma and fun British hair. :) Still, the script could have had some meat on it...but that's okay, I'll still watch it again
:)

« previous 1 3