~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
This topic is about The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set
Discussions > Mortal Instruments

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 86 comments Are you guys reading this series? And how are you liking it?
P.S. I totally love it! <3

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I reeeaaally wanna read it, because it sounds so good. Im gonna get it soon, CAN'T WAIT! >.<

message 3: by Carly (new)

Carly What is it about is it scifi like?

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana No because someone has taken it out!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 86 comments @Sarah - When you've read it, tell me what you think! :D

@Carly - It's actually an urban fantasy. Mostly, the paranormal part of the story centers on Shadowhunters [which I think is a new and brilliant concept], but there are other creatures as well such as vampires, faeries, etc.

@Adriana - Taken it out? I don't think I understand. LOL :)

Aria the Blue Fairy (bluelilyandblue) Read it! :D
I highly recommend it.
I love all of Cassandra Clare's books.
If you are going to read this series be sure to read the Infernal Devices too.

message 7: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 51 comments i loved them! the first was by far the best of the series, but the others were amazing too.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 86 comments @Sandeelovesbooks - Yeah! Sometimes, I think that Infernal Devices is actually better than the Mortal Instruments. I haven't read Clockwork Prince, though... :P

@Zoe - For me, the best one is the City of Glass :D

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Nicole wrote: "@Sarah - When you've read it, tell me what you think! :D

@Carly - It's actually an urban fantasy. Mostly, the paranormal part of the story centers on Shadowhunters [which I think is a new and bril..."

haha. Library. (:

Shotgunguyiscool ♉ (ShotgunGuyIsCool) I like Infernal Devices more, partly because I like Tessa more, haha

Aria the Blue Fairy (bluelilyandblue) @Nicole: You definitely should read it especially if you're a JEM fan! :D
I am so I really enjoyed it.
You'll see a different side of him.

Aria the Blue Fairy (bluelilyandblue) Zoe wrote: "i loved them! the first was by far the best of the series, but the others were amazing too."

I agree with you 100%!

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Finally getting it Saturday! Happiness XD

Aria the Blue Fairy (bluelilyandblue) Yeeeeheeeeyyyy! :D
You'd love it @Adriana.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 86 comments @Shotgunguyiscool and @Sandeelovesbooks - I'm going to buy Clockwork Prince soon, then! XD But I can't decide which character I prefer, Will or Jem :/

@Adriana - Yay! I hope you enjoy reading it! :D And I didn't get the thing with the library because the libraries here in our town don't have any fictional books. :(

Jasmine Dgk Ramos   (modernscrolls) I've only read the first one but I loved it!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (SpeckInTheUniverse) | 86 comments Jasmine Vengeance wrote: "I've only read the first one but I loved it!"

You should continue reading! The 2nd book will blow you away, and for me, the 3rd book is the best one. :D

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 102 comments Ahh I'm a sucker for Mortal Instruments. I love the characters and the atmosphere ... It's a very exciting story, plus I love the humor. I also love The Infernal Devices. :)

message 19: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 51 comments yeah, the infernal devices is amazing too. i think i even like it better than the mortal instruments. i can't wait for the new when. any one know when its comeing out?

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 102 comments Hmm, I'm not sure which I like better. I might like Infernal Devices better, too ... I just love the setting, and I also think the love triangle aspect is more interesting. Oh, and Clockwork Princess doesn't come out until February 2013. :/

message 21: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) It sounds good and looks good, but is it worth the read? Would I be wasting time by reading it?

message 22: by Tera (new)

Tera (Fiddylover) | 34 comments I've heard really great things about this series but I haven't read it yet.

message 23: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 57 comments I just started the first book :) i've heard good things about it so i have high hopes

message 24: by Kittyblack (last edited Jul 14, 2012 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kittyblack | 1 comments i am on the fifth book, it is really good! If you read this massage then plz read the first book in this series, then decide wheather to continue it or not!
thx!

message 25: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Gabrielle wrote: "It sounds good and looks good, but is it worth the read? Would I be wasting time by reading it?"

These books are so incredible you have to read them!!! And the prequel trilogy is really good too :)

message 26: by Ally (last edited Jul 15, 2012 02:46PM) (new)

Ally Gabrielle wrote: "It sounds good and looks good, but is it worth the read? Would I be wasting time by reading it?"

First, let me explain that I was never a paranormal reader - after the whole Twilight debacle, I stayed as far away from vampires and werewolves as possible. Then, I read The Mortal Instruments (and I can't say that I knew much about them going in, so I didn't really know how heavily paranormal it was going to be).

And I read this series and it was absolutely amazing. As in, I sped through all 4 (and the 5th came out as I was reading them) in one day each. And then felt empty when there were no more of them to read.

They are most certainly worth the read.

message 27: by David (new)

I'm very similar! I like some paranormal books but not into vamps that much but I loved this series!!!

message 28: by Ally (new)

Ally Yeah, I'm not much of a vampire person. There are only a handful of books that can pull it off well enough for me to enjoy (this included).

This series got me into paranormal books.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandamichele) I've just finished Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince. I absolutely loved them and I am afraid I'll be disappointed with The Mortal Instruments.

message 30: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 1 comments I love the entire series, both, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. They are soo good. As a matter of fact I just finished "City of Lost Souls"
And I just can't wait for the movie! :)

message 31: by David (new)

Amanda wrote: "I've just finished Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince. I absolutely loved them and I am afraid I'll be disappointed with The Mortal Instruments."

You won't be disappointed with TMI, it's just as good!!

message 32: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Ally Wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "It sounds good and looks good, but is it worth the read? Would I be wasting time by reading it?"

First, let me explain that I was never a paranormal reader - after the whole Twilight debacle, I stayed as far away from vampires and werewolves as possible. Then, I read The Mortal Instruments (and I can't say that I knew much about them going in, so I didn't really know how heavily paranormal it was going to be)."

Thanks, Ally! ;)

message 33: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (ajumbleofbooks) This is an amazing series! I read this series after a friend of mine raved about it and I don't regret reading it a bit! :)

unread topics | mark unread