Book Trailers (tm) & Author Web Sites discussion

Author Web Sites > "Confidential Communications"...don't keep it a secret!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 11 comments Hi everyone,

My name is J.R. Reardon and I am the author of the new legal thriller, "Confidential Communications." You can find information at www.jrreardonconfidentialcommunicatio.... I also have a book trailer that I encourage everyone to check out and comment if you can... you can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...

The synopsis ias as follows:

TRUST NO ONE…..
Rebecca Lawson, a young general-practice attorney in Vermont, expected to expand her practice when she was hired by Allan Richards to investigate a suspicious employee. Instead, she finds herself amidst national and international conspiracies, manipulations, and murder. With the help of an old colleague from Boston, Joshua Tameron, she learns that the financial security and innocent citizens of the United States are in imminent danger, and it is up to them to expose the truth. Confidential Communications is a legal thriller that takes the reader on a ride which evaluates the vulnerability of us all while witnessing the downfall of greed.

I am excited to say that "Confidential Communications" is currently available on the shelves at Borders at The Mall in Columbia Maryland, and soon on the shelves at the Suffolk University Bookstore in Boston, Massachusetts. You can also find it online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, Mysteriesandmore.net, and many other venues.

Please feel free to check it out and pass the world along:) I hope everyone is having a wonderful November -

Best,
J.R. Reardon Confidential Communications

message 2: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 673 comments Mod
Hi J. R.,

I like your web site:

http://www.jrreardonconfidentialcommu...

You are an inspiration to other writers. As an attorney and raising three girls, if you can find time to write a novel, anyone can find the time!

Welcome to the group,
Dee Marie

message 3: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 11 comments Thank you so much, Dee Marie! And I should mention - I don't have 3 girls - I have one daughter who was three at the time of publishing but recently turned 4....sometimes it does feel like I have more than one though - still, I wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Jeannine

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (wwwgoodreadscompatriciajsmith) | 11 comments Hi Dee,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope everyone will enjoy my book. I write about strong women because I can not stand how in the movies they have us hiding in a corner crying while we wait for the boogy man to come get us. lol.
We are stronger then most think especially when our families are being put in harms way.
Again thank you and have a wonderful night.
Patricia

message 5: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Hi J. R.

Sorry, I did not mean to give you extra children...(writing memo to self, read author bio's closer). Although, I can inmagine that at times, one three-year-old can feel like three :]

message 6: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Hi Patricia,

Here! Here!

I agree with you totally!

Dee Marie

message 7: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 11 comments That's hilarious Dee Marie! Sometimes I think I have 3 children with the energy flowing around this house! Haha! I'm so sorry I missed these comments - I don't know what happened there.....

Love your comment too, Patricia about us "vulnerable girls" .... hehe....it's part of the facade...we can be stronger than they think... so true!

I hope everyone's having a wonderful holiday season!

Jeannine
author, "Confidential Communications"

message 8: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Wishing you a wonderful holiday as well Jeannine

message 9: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 11 comments Thanks, Dee! :)

Jeannine

message 10: by J.R. (new)

J.R. | 11 comments
Hi all! I wanted to share a review that was posted this month, about the new legal thriller, "Confidential Communications"....please feel free to check it out!!!

I also have a facebook page, with a fan page, as well as Myspace, here, of course, etc. - feel free to stop by, say hello become a friend, and become a fan!

"a personal legal thriller, December 2, 2008
By Dennis Batchelder (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews

JR Reardon's "Confidential Communications" explores what happens when a young attorney tries to hold firm on her ethics in the face of an impending national crisis.

Becky Lawson, brand-new independent lawyer in Deering, Vermont, attracts a new client, a high-wheeling investment company. They want her to investigate a suspicious employee and hopefully find a way to get him fired. Lawson eventually uncovers a huge financial coverup that is large enough to take down the US economy. With threats coming at her from both professional and personal angles, Lawson has to walk an ethical and legal tightrope and turn around the investigation to uncover the truth.

Reardon tells the story from Lawson's point of view. We follow the attorney through her experiences in moving to a small town, complete with local grocery and hardware storekeepers, elderly judges, an overly-involved bank manager, and mischevious high school students. When the going gets rough, Lawson heads to DC with an old college friend, and we see how the rich and powerful live in the capital. Reardon paints Lawson as a sympathetic and compelling, and even a bit naive, young lady.

I enjoyed the mix of the small-town and the big city, and how we saw the thriller through the eyes of an idealistic lawyer. Reardon's impending economic crisis has become a common theme these days, and I liked her South American spin to it. A nice start for Reardon, and I'm looking forward to reading her sequel."

I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday season!

Best,
Jeannine
J.R. Reardon
author, CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8_Bz...

message 11: by Dee, Group Creator (new)

Great review Jeannine, thanks for sharing.

Wishing you a most wonderful holiday season as well.