Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind? Is Bill Cosby Right? discussion

Ready to Move Beyond Cause and Effect?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new) - added it

Steven I am feeling frustration about the state of African-American critical thought. There are many authors - Dyson being one of them - who brilliantly articulate how and why Black America is where it is today. I have read and appreciate the work of many of these authors. However, can anybody recommend some authors who provide equally articulate and detailed explorations of how Black Americans can make progressive, revolutionary changes? Dyson provides insight into the present and the past, but I am struggling to find authors who can illuminate the future.

Katrina I would definitely reccommend Cornel West, his writing is extremely elaborate but worth the time.

message 3: by Todney (new) - added it

Todney Harris I would recommend Cornel West as well. However, I think that African Americans need to take center stage once again and begin organizing. Everyone thinks that change has come since the Civil Rights Movement. It hasn't. The only way to see effective and real change is to get involved and make it happen. People will then write about you and your efforts.