Short Story lovers discussion

Larry Dark on the short story

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

David | 29 comments Mod
Hey -- Myfanwy posted this link to a very interesting article on the short story by Larry Dark:

http://bookcriticscircle.blogspot.com...

Thoughts?

message 2: by Renee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Renee | 4 comments I found the article to be very enlightening and encouraging! I didn't realize that many short story authors are strongly encouraged to write novels. It seems that's accomplished at the expense of the author however Dark made a good point - the writer deserves the attention and the income.

I love literary magazines! I was glad to read that they are a part of the "current literary scene". I would like to see what others recommend.

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 6 comments Do you mean which literary magazines people would recommend? If so, I'd like to put in a recommendation for A Public Space. They publish some really great stuff -- the thing that springs immediately to mind is Jim Shepard's short story Courtesy for Beginners, which was serialized there before it appeared in his newest anthology. They also publish a lot of good poetry, if you care for poetry. The whole magazine is really eclectic and well done.

message 4: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Wyss | 171 comments David, I can't get to the article because the firewall on my computers here at school won't let me get to blogs. I'd like to read it though. Does it exist somewhere else that you know of?