Devereaux's 2nd Period discussion

Stereotyped-Question #3

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 5 comments Mod
Are people who read a lot stereotyped in any way? Have you ever felt a certain way about how you would be perceived by your friends when reading outside of school? Why or why not?

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 3 comments well i think they are called loseres nerds ect...but i love to read and ill really popular in da school.and sometimes my friends do make front of me because of it but who cares i do what i love!!

message 3: by Dawson A. (last edited Nov 26, 2008 05:02PM) (new)

Dawson A. (mystiyful) | 3 comments YES! I used to read all the time during school last year. Like I always had a book with me. People called me a nerd sometimes. My middle school years weren't the best time of my life people weren't very nice to me:( But thats in the past and lifes a lot better now:)

message 4: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 2 comments Shannon wrote: "Are people who read a lot stereotyped in any way? Have you ever felt a certain way about how you would be perceived by your friends when reading outside of school? Why or why not?
"

well i think people who judge people are really stupid and mean. i love to read and reading is one of my favorite things to do no matter what im reading just as long as its a good book!
i really dont care what people think about me, im going to keep doing what i want when i want!

message 5: by blanca (new)

blanca | 2 comments well i really don't read alot but in middle school are enrichment class we would go to other enrichment teachers on thursday and friday i think and we would have to sign up for it but i was put in to reading when really i didn,t want that but i use to read in the class alot but i had the easy books you can ever read but my friends that were in that class didn't really care they did the same thing too..!!

message 6: by Skyler (new)

Skyler | 1 comments I do not think anyone should be stereotyped on if they read out of school, because reading is good for your brain and the more you do it the smarter you become. The more you read the more ar points you get so no i do not think so.

message 7: by Nyasha_rockz (new)

Nyasha_rockz | 3 comments ive never been made fun of becuz of read oitsid of skool. im made fun becuz how slow i read but i dont care. i only read when i have to. i dont read by choice i read cuz i have to to be sucessful

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 2 comments Nobody should be stereotyped if they reasd outta school. It just means they have alot of free time or they like to read. And reading helps your eyes i a way.

message 9: by Hannah:) (new)

Hannah:) | 2 comments Shannon wrote: "Are people who read a lot stereotyped in any way? Have you ever felt a certain way about how you would be perceived by your friends when reading outside of school? Why or why not?
"

Well i think that people who read to get stereotyped but if that is the case, your obviously not hanging with the right crowd. I think that your friends should be envious cause your smart enough to know that readimg can get you far in school and later in life in your career choice.

message 10: by {!*angie* !} (new)

{!*angie* !}  (streetrat) | 3 comments everyone that reads is judged as ageek or something like that

message 11: by {!*angie* !} (new)

{!*angie* !}  (streetrat) | 3 comments

i agree