European Royalty discussion

History Group Reads > Dec. 1 - Jan. 1: The Winthrop Woman

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Nov 21, 2008 07:12AM) (new)

Emily (ohmagichour) | 181 comments Hi all! December's read will be The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton.

The Winthrop Woman: A Novel by Anya Seton

Anya Seton

We will start the discussion on December 1.

We'll do the discussion threads broken up by chapters like all the other times, but this thread can be used by those frustrated with Amazon's delivery slowness (or your library's slowness) or for any other reason. Just don't discuss the book in any detail here! (General "I'm a couple chapters in and I like it" comments are fine, but we'll start the real discussion threads on the 1st.) For those of you just joining us, you can look through the previous threads in this Monthly Book Discussions section to see how we did it before because the process will be the same as with the European Royalty book reads (there's also a thread just like this thread for the other books we've read together).

message 2: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I can't wait to read Anya Seton with this group! Now I just need a Plaidy to win eventually....

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 378 comments Well, it looks like I shall finally be getting this one down from Mt. TBR!

message 4: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments My my, goodreads just keeps upgrading itself!

I am going to read this book, but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet (this month has FLOWN by!), so I'll probably be late in joining the discussion.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (ohmagichour) | 181 comments I just got the book in the mail - waiting for me when I got back from Thanksgiving break. Hoorah!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I do not have this title however as soon as I do I will join the discussion.

message 7: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I just picked up the book yesterday, so I think I'll start it on the plane tomorrow when I head back to NYC.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

My local library was able to obtain for myself
so I am just starting to read. Seems to capture you right from the start.

message 9: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I am reading this right now, but I'm not far enough in to risk looking at the official first thread. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to post something.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Winthrop Woman (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anya Seton (other topics)