James Patterson Book Club discussion

Women's Murder Club-Show vs books?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 34 comments Mod
Ok, has anyone else watched the show? Brooke and I have and we like it. What do the rest of you think? I think the books are obviously better but the show is definitely good.

message 2: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Meredith Watson I've only caught one episode of the show but I enjoyed it!

message 3: by Angela (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Angela | 2 comments I've read a few Patterson books, but none of the Women's Murder Club series. I watched the debut episode of the t.v. show and got hooked. I've been watching the show and really like it, but wondered if the books are better. I even went to the library to check out a few of the books, but there were none available. I guess that means a lot of people are hooked!

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

That is what it means...my library only has one or two copies of each of the books and I have to put them on hold to even get them.

message 5: by Doina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Doina | 2 comments I'm so excited that someone thought of starting this club. I just started reading Patterson, and I absolutely love his writing style (so of course I had to go out and buy most of his books). Those of you that use the library to borrow books, I admire you. Unfortunatelly I end up buying most of the books I borrow from the library anyway, so I end up just buying the entire series from the beginning. *sigh* The show is the reason that I started reading him, and I agree that the show doesn't do his books justice, but then few shows based on books do. But I have to say that I am enjoying the show too. : )

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

I completely agree Doina! I like the show and LOVE the books! I used to buy books instead of getting them from the library but financial situations stopped that for awhile. I have a feeling I will start buying his books soon...preferably in hardback. Glad you joined the group! :)

message 7: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Brooke There are two episode of the show this week! On Thursday @ 10 EST and Friday @ 9 EST.

Jason Sehorn will be on Thursday's episode. Yummy!

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

It will be fun to watch her and her hubby!

message 9: by Angela (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Angela | 2 comments Darn, I missed Thursday's episode! I'll make sure to record tonight's!

message 10: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

I've gotta say, I am really loving these books. I just finished 3rd Degree and will be starting 4th of July soon. So good.

message 11: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:55PM) (new)

Weird fun fact: In the books, Jill Bernhardt the A.D.A. is from Highland Park (Dallas), TX. Angie Harmon who plays Lindsey Boxer on the show is from Highland Park in real life!! Kind of crazy!

message 12: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Yeah I am the same way. I try to separate the show/movie from the book...try to see them as two different things. Doesn't always work though. But with this show it has. :)

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) I love the show! I like how the only thing that is based on the books is the characters and what they do. I have went back and read the first three of the series and it is nice to picture the actresses in my mind when I read the books.

I also get books from the library...but not James Patterson books. I always buy them... I have never been disappointed in any of his books. My book shelf here at home has 3 shelves of nothing but JP!

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan | 10 comments I love the show and I know to seperate it from his books. The characters are great and the actresses that play them are great. It can't always follow the same story lines as the book, but it's great to know JP has input in it.

I started reading JP when the movie Kiss The Girls came out (long time ago) and was thankful that I hadn't missed out on much in his Cross series. Which is by far my fav series, although for a while there the Murder Club was the fav.