Twilight (Twilight, #1) Twilight discussion

Honestly one of the best books out there right now.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Book (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book I just love this book. It draws you in from the beginning and makes you stay up till all hours turning the pages. I've now read this book 8 times and I never get sick of it.

message 2: by Irah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Irah woaah!8 times;lol
i've read it 3 times;get the same feeling everytime!
gahh;i cant wait for ecilipse.
what do you think of new moon?
i still prefer twilight though

message 3: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica Cameron I adore Twilight and New Moon was amazing for it's ability to evoke Bella's pain in readers. Stephenie has done an amazing job with this series so far and I have no doubts she'll continue doing so.

I think it's safe to say that 99.9% of Twilight fans are on the edge of their seats right now for Eclipse!

message 4: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu same here. i read all the books in one sitting, and each one about 8 times. Stephenie meyers unique style of writing makes you feel with bella! twilight was about finding love, new moon about losing love (i sobbed like a mental) and eclipse about choosing love. (eclipse is GREAT.)
i can't wait to get my hands on breaking dawn ...until stephenie's finished writing it, i'll read twilight new moon and eclipse over and over..AGAIN.

message 5: by Elisabeth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elisabeth Lillie absolutely! i love how Bella is such a normal human, you can relate to her so much better, AND she's gets Edward... haha. I also love how the other characters, mainly the vampires, haves usch human qualities and emotions that make them so much more believable. I love this series, and have gone over my favorite parts in Eclipse so many times I can't keep track...

message 6: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Sharon Murphy OK----EVERYONE in Utah is reading these books right now. The author went to BYU and is a Mormon (writing about vampires?). The author gets more press coverage here than Harry Potter. My niece convinced me to read it and I had a hard time getting into it, but then I fell in love with the characters and could not put it down. Young adults read this book, and mothers, and grandmothers too. I never thought I would get caught up in something like this.........

message 7: by Crissy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Crissy I love that book and it's sequals! They're great! It's hard to decide if you love Edward or Jacob more. Which is really kinda funny since they're both fictional characters, but I think I like Jacob more since he seems the most real.
But yes, I absolutely love Twilight!

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Can't wait to read the next one.
I am sorry to say that I love these books more that Harry Potter (cry)

message 9: by Armando (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Armando Alvarez I like this book better than others because unlike some books this one you can "see" and "hear" and "taste" and "feel" what bella is hearing and seeing ect... . you get into the book so much that when something goes wrong you get seriously annoyed (wierd things happened lol) . I got into it so much that when something funny happened i made everyone jump when I laughed lol. I dont know how but somewhere along the line I got really attached to bella as if she were a sister like when he made her sad. I got really angry and wanted to beat the "not appropriate words" out of him, not many books can do that to me but when one does I know its good. This series is excellent and I hope the fourth comes out soon because im really impatient and I want to find out what happens next lol.

message 10: by Ally (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally i love this book, everyone that likes vamp books should read it

message 11: by Ally (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally that is so true. i will never get sick of this book

message 12: by Hyun Jung (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hyun Jung lols! these books are love ♥
as everyone said and is thinking, these books are ones ill never get tired of! theyre just soo good!

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah I wish I read this book slower so I could spend more time with it. :) It's now my favorite book [along with the two others in the trilogy and the fourth book on its way] and I'm sure It will be on my top list for a while. Just a great book all together. Plus Edward is just .. Edward. <333

I don't agree with Ally's statement about all vampire fans should read it. A lot of my friends don't want to read this book because it has vampires in it, which I say to them is totally unethical since it has a different view on vampires than most people depict them for. So if you like the whole vampires can't go out in the sun, garlic, silver stake stuff then you might not like this book. But of course, there is only a small percent of people who ever DON'T like this story [since its fantastic].

I'd recommend this to any female anytime. :D

message 14: by Emilie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilie It's soooo worth it though!!! My favorite book I've ever read! I love romance though, if you do do you'll love it! It's so entertaining from beginning to end. It doesn't feel like at all once you start reading it, you don't want it to end

message 15: by Danielle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle Briggs Did anyone of you guy's know that there is going to be a movie???? There is also going to be Edwards point of view in twilight i have a website you should all go to it's called www.stepheniemeyer.com

message 16: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica Cameron The movie is being produced by Summit Films and is currently in pre-production. There is still a chance that it will never get made and no casting decisions have been announced. Stephenie, however, is much happier with Summit's work so far than she was with the work that MTV put in when they bought the original option.

For VALID and up-to-date movie news, check out either Stephenie's official site ( http://www.stepheniemeyer.com ) or the Official Fansite for Stephenie Meyer, the Twilight Lexicon ( http://www.twilightlexicon.com ). Don't believe anything you hear about the movie until you see it one of those two places.

As for Midnight Sun, Twilight from Edward's point of view, Stephenie is hoping to publish it in 2010 after Breaking Dawn is released.

~Sera Phyn

message 17: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu yes about the movie it is now definitely going to come out in 2008 ! if you go on IMDB.com twilight(2008) is already in it and the director is also chosen, but the actors and actresses listed are just the rumored ones. and i cant wait for breaking dawn and for midnight sun!!!

message 18: by Chloe (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chloe Personally I loved this book I can read it a million times (which I've already done:) and still love it. I just wish every time I read this book it will be like the first time. And I love the character of Edward. ALL men should be like him! The world would be perfect---if only he liked holding my bags during shopping but I guess Alice is for that. Oh and I cannot wait for Midnight Sun--because I love the Edward and the way he thinks/talks!

message 19: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lulu yes.. it's kind of pathetic how i'm in love with a fictional character..but i would do everything, really everything for edward to be real and in my life....
and bella takes him for granted. if she didn't , she wouldn't hesitate for one second when having to choose between edward and jacob.
i really, really dislike jacob too..for making her choose in the first place.

Rachel Vidmar I live in Utah, and all of my friends are completely OBSESSED with this book :D I've read it once, and i liked it, but I'm not completely hooked. I'm sorry to say, but I like Harry Potter better :D But ya, one of my friends (who's completely anti-romance novels) doesn't think that anyone who's pale like edward could possibly be cute. I said to her, "anyone who's got a hot body, a gorgeous face, and loves you will be hot in your eyes :)"

message 21: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell I just picked it up one day wondering what every girl in school was so crazy about. Once i started it i could not put it down!!! Edward is freakin' amazing and love him. more than i should love a fictional character. harry potter used to be my fav. but now that i have read this series harry potter is my second fav. i could read these books over and over again so many times. have any of you read the first chapter of midnight sun? i love it because it really helped me imagine how hard it is for the vampires to resist things. so good and i can't wait!

Jessica I saw my sister reading it one day and she recomended it to me. I was interested, but she's always right with her recomendations and I hated that soo, I said. "Yuck. It has monsters in it. No thanks." And that was that for a long time. But then, one day, she was bugging me about it, and I was tires, so I said, "Fine." I read and I GOT HOOKED. Completely. Even more than my sister. I check every day for updates on stepheniemeyer.com.

Erica Cameron Jessica, if you want up-to-the-minute updates on everything in the Twilight world, you should check out the twilightlexiconblog.com site. They have absolutely everything. :)

message 24: by Kjanela (new)

Kjanela You guys will probably hate me for this but... I didn't really like the book at all. I think that Edard is over protective and to perfect and I think Bella needs to get more of a life.

Oh and I like Harry Potter more.

Jessica Um, seriously no offense at all, and I respect your opinion completely, but if you didn't like the book, why are you on a topic that says 'Honestly one of the best books out there right now'? If you don't like it, go to a hater topic, k? :)

Olivia Parsons You obviously don't read much.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I respect everyone's opinion here and no offence, but I didn't like it at all. I mean honestly I hate it when people compare Edward to Dracula, I mean comparing Edward to Dracula is like comparing a a newborn kitten to a lion!!

Haidi Jessica wrote: "Um, seriously no offense at all, and I respect your opinion completely, but if you didn't like the book, why are you on a topic that says 'Honestly one of the best books out there right now'? If yo..."

Do you realise this thread is from...4 1/2 years ago???

message 29: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy It's funny to see the older posts that rave about the book but one star ratings, meaning the haters bandwagon was joined, lol.

Haidi Yes, I see what you mean!

message 31: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Haidi wrote: "Yes, I see what you mean!"

yea really.

message 32: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i wonder how many other books review,that lots of other ppl can add on here.

Cherie Amy wrote: "It's funny to see the older posts that rave about the book but one star ratings, meaning the haters bandwagon was joined, lol."
Lmao xD and yeah, people need to read more if they thought this was one of the best books out. There are TONS of better books out at any given time.

Nermin You're kidding, right?

message 35: by Amy (last edited Dec 08, 2012 06:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Narmin wrote: "You're kidding, right?"

If you look at the original post, it was from 2007 back when the fan base was at its peak. Also, who are you to criticize if someone did really enjoy the book? So no, the original poster wasn't kidding. Since it seems like all you plan to do is be insulting to the fans, leave the thread. We have been harassed enough, thank you very much.

Mickey Narmin wrote: "You're kidding, right?"

How rude, Narmin.

message 37: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Mickey wrote: "Narmin wrote: "You're kidding, right?"

How rude, Narmin."

Once again, the haters feel the need to attack without providing any sort of support. I would think the haters would get tired?

Mickey It's one thing to have a difference of opinion, but it's flat out rude to express incredulity at the fact that someone likes a book that you don't.

Yes, Narmin, there are people who actually find Twilight to be one of the best books out there. Cherie, why don't you spend your time filling out your own book list instead of telling others that their opinions are not as refined as yours? The same goes for Olivia.

I think the reason why haters don't get tired is that they don't actually expend a lot of energy. How taxing is it it to write a post that says, "You're kidding, right?" It's not about a difference of opinion, it's trying to invalidate someone else's response by personal attacks.

These people actually think disliking a book makes them better readers than others who did like it.

message 39: by Angie Elle (last edited Dec 08, 2012 09:08AM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle I'm not sure I think it's one of the best books out there right now, however I do think everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's too bad people feel the need to try and demean someone for what they like.

It makes me wonder, though...if people are so intolerant about books others read, what else are they intolerant of?

Rebecca Angie wrote: "I'm not sure I think it's one of the best books out there right now, however I do think everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's too bad people feel the need to try and demean someone for what t..."

Narmin wrote: "You're kidding, right?"

I gotta to agree with Narmin and Angie on this.......

Nermin Hater? So thinking Twilight is not one of the best books "out there" makes you a hater? Guys, you've got some serious issues. I've never known any other fan club more oversensitive and touchier than that of Twilight. You guys can't even stand the slightest criticism. You think this book is brilliant and I don't. How come you get to praise this book but i'm not even allowed to express my displeasure. and if/when I do, I'm branded as a hater. Well, it's all my fault. I should've known better than to argue with a Twilight fan.

message 42: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle Narmin wrote: "Hater? So thinking Twilight is not one of the best books "out there" makes you a hater? Guys, you've got some serious issues. I've never known any other fan club more oversensitive and touchier tha..."

No, that doesn't make you hater. Someone saying 'I don't like Twilight for these reasons' does not make someone a hater.

It's when one starts to belittle others that they turn into a hater. For instance, 'You're kidding, right?' was obviously meant to belittle whoever started the post. Things like that are what make someone a hater.

Nermin come to think of it, this book might be one of the best book out there.After all, we live in a world where Fifty shades is one of the bestselling series ever.

message 44: by Mickey (last edited Dec 08, 2012 11:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mickey I think saying something like, "You're kidding, right?" to be rude and condescending. She was expressing her opinion, and instead of expressing yours, Narmin, you tried to make a joke out of hers. (As if someone couldn't possibly like Twilight.)

Olivia attacked her for obviously not reading many books, although a quick click of both book lists reveals that the OP has actually read many more books than her.

This isn't discussion about a book as much as troll behavior. What you're saying doesn't rise to the level needed to be considered criticism. It's simply hating on others.

Therefore I find the term "hater" to be absolutely applicable to what I see before me.

Nermin Well, i certainly think this topic(at least it's title) is a joke. Does that make me a hater? Alright then.

message 46: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle Narmin wrote: "Well, i certainly think this topic(at least it's title) is a joke. Does that make me a hater? Alright then."

Then why did you even open the thread?

Cherie Honestly, I think you guys are being a bit sensitive... You can easily have ignore narmin's criticism just as easily as he could have just ignored this topic... Now there's an argument and nobody is winning.

message 48: by Nermin (last edited Dec 08, 2012 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nermin Cherie wrote: "Honestly, I think you guys are being a bit sensitive... You can easily have ignore narmin's criticism just as easily as he could have just ignored this topic... Now there's an argument and nobody i..."

She:)) And you're right. But whenever I check the discussion tab, i'm forced to see all these Twilight topics. When i see a title like this I can't resist the temptation to share my opinion :))

Deliriate "Amy wrote: "It's funny to see the older posts that rave about the book but one star ratings, meaning the haters bandwagon was joined, lol."

Why's it gotta be a bandwagon? >> Seriously, people can realize that it's not as good as they think it was a change their opinion on it.

message 50: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle Narmin wrote: "Cherie wrote: "Honestly, I think you guys are being a bit sensitive... You can easily have ignore narmin's criticism just as easily as he could have just ignored this topic... Now there's an argume..."

If you remove it from your read list you won't be 'forced' to look at them anymore.

« previous 1