harry potter haters discussion

i love harry potter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

alrighty..... just to tell u people, i love harry potter ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 2: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) this is exactly what i'm talking about.

observe how rowling's own penchant for redundancy and needless length has influenced this impressionable young lady's punctuation.

a shame, a real shame...

message 3: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Tess hello? what is wrong with you people?? harry potter rocks!!

message 4: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Kenzie Martha your spelling isn't all that great as well.

Jason...hmmm...Just to let you know, I have read them and my spelling isn't ruined.

Yours? Or have you not read the books, in which case I have to say that you need to.

message 5: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) Suppose I haven't read the books. Why should I?

Your spelling may be fine, McKenzie, but your sense of irony is lacking in regards to Martha's comment. But that's understandable, since JK always ensures that sarcasm/irony does not pass without a character commenting obviously on it.

message 6: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Kenzie Did you do that on purpose? If so, that was actually funny. I don't need Irony Jason.

message 7: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) We all need irony! Irony is why I get up in the morning...or maybe I am simply a tragic victim...

message 8: by Kidz (new)

Kidz | 10 comments hello every body i just joined so i could say that everybody here that achuley is a harry potter hater is dumb.

message 9: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i dont NEED irony. i have sarcasm. and my spelling sucks, not bcuz of HP, but bcuz of im-ing, roleplaying, and othr things...

message 10: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) irony is sweet, as my english teacher says.
and i like the funny parts in the book ok? (ironic/sarcastic ones included!)

message 11: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i like makin fun of the books, movies, characters, etc. lol, they play with wands for cyin out loud!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

My spelling is NOT ruined from reading these books. My spelling is better.

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments Why do u "undercover spies" get involved in this? it's not YOUR group!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 1 comments I hateeeeee Harry Potter !

message 15: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) well, i got involved to see both sides, and pick the on i agree with more. i gotta say, im leanin more towards the haters side these days... which is kinda sad, cuz i started out loving it!

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments cool. then ur alright.

message 17: by Haley82 (new)

Haley82 | 22 comments thats okay Julie!

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments u can still love him. i no u wanna marry him! ;)

message 19: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) no, i do NOT want to marry him!!! lol, Edward Cullen from Twilight is the one i want! hp is a good story, but not terrific!!

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments i was talking about julianna who wrote the starting of this discussion.

message 21: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) oh... oops, okay then! srry bout that! *grins sheepishly*

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments wow

message 23: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) what? i can be weird just like the rest of u! lol!!!

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments not in that kinda way. hehehe. jk.

message 25: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i figured... so, katie, r u still in school, graduated, or out for the summer? i get out for the summer tomorow!!!! yay me!!!! lol, i cant wait... but i have finals, so its not ALL fun an games...

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *sings* school's out for summer!

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments got out on the 10th! my b-day!

message 28: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yay! happy belated b-day!! *sings* happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to katie... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments thanx. appreciated greatly. i am stilling eating dairy queen ice cream cake!

message 30: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) see? in the end, we all ppl w/ feelings! lol, wow... i need more sleep...

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments yeah ya do! jk.

message 32: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ... did u know that it has been scientifically proven that teens r more naturally nocturnal? so me staying up so late is normal!

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments yes i have to say that i hate harry potter to and i don't think the lovers should be in this group cause it's not they're group

message 34: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) thanks sarah, i think the luvers get it. and the haters too... but i am currently neither, as i see both sides, and kinda agree with both...

message 35: by Katie (last edited Jul 03, 2008 08:51AM) (new)

Katie  | 279 comments then if u agree with both, then ur not a hater, so then u don't belong here. that's what sarah, i think, is saying.

message 36: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) well, then u guys r gonna just hv to deal, cuz i enjoy reading ur ideas!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

looky!!!!!
a love topic in a hate group!
?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Jason wrote: "this is exactly what i'm talking about.

observe how rowling's own penchant for redundancy and needless length has influenced this impressionable young lady's punctuation.

a shame, a real sh..."

Um, you're the one that has no capitals.

message 39: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Punctuation and capitalization aren't the same thing...

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "Punctuation and capitalization aren't the same thing..."

I know. How about "bad typing skills."

message 41: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) And that has nothing to do with reading Harry Potter. Just instant messaging and email and texting and such. I'm not a big advocate of such technology for people under the age of 10.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "And that has nothing to do with reading Harry Potter. Just instant messaging and email and texting and such. I'm not a big advocate of such technology for people under the age of 10."

I agree. It is hard, though, when you have an iPod/iPhone and you have to use the little keyboard... :)

message 43: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) That's why you sit on a computer to do those things, and not use a fancy phone. Though there is a time and place for text typing. In the middle of an essay or on a job app is NEITHER of those. :P

message 44: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) What. The. Crap. How can you NOT love Harry Potter Draco Malfoy?!

message 45: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Very easily. He's an awful person. I can list traits, if you like. Of course, if you want to hang out with mean people that insist they're better than you, then feel free. I'm not going to stop you. Though I might recommend some better friends...

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) We're not talking about whether we'd hang out with them or not since it isn't real life, we're just insisting that Draco Malfoy is a really really good character.

message 47: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Define good, and I might agree with you. If by good you mean that he's an upstanding citizen, then I'd REALLY hate to see your basis for comparison. But if you mean good as in well written, then yes. I will agree with that definition.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) Well written. Don't worry, if it were personally, I would have the same opinion of Draco Malfoy that Harry does.

message 49: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Okay. Yes, Draco is a wonderfully written character, though I've still come across better characters. Like Snape.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) I didn't say I didn't like Snape. He's one of my favourite characters of all time.

« previous 1