1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die discussion

1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jordan This is the ultimate book that contains the greatest films ever shown in the cinema (1902 to 2004). Through the films of Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick, Ingmar Bergman, Federico Fellini, Akira Kurosawa, David Lynch, Roman Polanski, Alfred Hitchcock, George Lucas; the list goes on. It's a coldly accurate construction of how each film was made, and the impact each one had. This is the moment of opportunity to read this book and understand why film is intended to be a personal piece of art to a director. Film is molded in different metaphorical ways and take my word for it, craftsmenship!

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Oct 15, 2012 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda I love this book. I'm a big movie buff and I enjoyed ticking off the films I'd seen and watching the ones I hadn't.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 3: by Grand Logothete (last edited Oct 15, 2012 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Grand Logothete Love this book as well. Completely turned my cinema culture upside down and expanded it in unimaginable ways. Truly thankful for having read it.

Richard A really good guide, even if not all the titles are as essential as it would like you to believe, but guess that's more down to personal tastes. Shame their cult film guide only stretched to 100 rather than 1001, something which the cult and obscure film lovers compiled themselves.

http://www.madbadanddownrightstrange....

Puripakorn Of the so-called 1001 must-see films, I've seen about 120. Got another 10 in hand. Plenty more on YouTube. There have been some disagreements between the book and me, but mostly we got along well. Guess the ones who actually 'must' see ALL would be film students. Some of those listed are certainly NOT for pleasure viewing.