The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1) The City of Ember discussion

More in the series

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenya I love the first book! Has anyone read the 2nd or third one? If so is it any good!

Faith Quick i've read both the 2nd and the 3rd. they were okay. the writing was still up to par. liked the 2nd one better than the 3rd just because it stayed with the main characters from the 1st novel. i wish though that the 3rd would have been a continuation from the 1st and 2nd. i can't say why because that would give away the 2nd book....but i definetly liked the 1st book the best!

Jamie I have been reading the second one and it is really good so far...

Elizabeth I've read the whole series. I really enjoyed the first one. The 2d and 3d not so much, but I liked the 4th.

Megan I read them all and think there could have been more!! the third seemed useless though!

message 6: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia I think that all of them were good except for the last one which could be improved.

Megan i thought the third was still good but just didn't really need to be in the series other than the ending of it!

Jamie Did you think that the first movie was good? I have been wanting to see it...

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist Jamie wrote: "Did you think that the first movie was good? I have been wanting to see it..."

I liked it, but it was different than the book.

Janeen-san Jamie wrote: "Did you think that the first movie was good? I have been wanting to see it..."

Yeah, I saw it, it was pretty good, even though some things were changed. I've only read books 1-2 but the first book was the best, I think.

MizziQ I thought the second was really boring and repetitive. I have not read the 4th.

Zelda I read the first, and loved it. Then I read the second. It was pretty good. But, when I read the third, I had to stop reading it. I just didn't like it. I havn't read the fourth. Is is anything like the first and second?

Chris I really enjoyed the first book, but I loved the second book. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant way to show kids (remember, that is the author's intended audience) how people can manipulate others' fears to gain power and what fear of the unknown can lead to. The description of book #3 just didn't appeal to me, so I decided to end there.