Goodreads Ireland discussion

Ethan of Athos (Vorkosigan Saga, #3)
This topic is about Ethan of Athos
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Discussions > Ethan of Athos

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 67 comments Declan and I got into a side discussion back in December during nominations for the January read and we were talking about good authors who write finely-crafted characters, settings, worlds using elegant prose -- that is Lois McMaster Bujold to a tee. After much discussion, when asked for a recommendation of just ONE book (I'd recommended the entire 20-years' worth of series she's written) we settled on Ethan of Athos, a favorite of mine and actually only the second book Lois ever wrote--so early in her career. It's not the second book of the series, but does slot into place early in the chronology. Declan and I were going to ry to read this book together.

hahahaha

Okay, stop laughing,Declan, because I hope you were NOT ready to start. I'm not even close to finding time this month. Sorry! As I said, I've read the book half a dozen times and would love to discuss it but I've had some major scheduling setback on the release of my first book (got all caught up New Year's weekend then LOST all the work Jan 2d--un-freakin-real!!) not to mention being sick with a fever 4 degrees above normal this week...I'm past the fever right now but still contagious and still have to go to work so I might just relapse. I don't get sick leave and can't affaord not to work so I have to go. Wish I could stay home with Ethan in bed (hee hee) Sadly, no such luck.

If you start Ethan without me, be sure to post comments so I can join in once I find time to get back here!

-sry

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually forgot to order it. I should do it now as I might still have to wait a few weeks to receive it. Don't worry, though. If I do get a copy I'll post comments here.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 67 comments if i had an ecopy, i'd lend it you ;-) but i only have ethan on paper

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll get it online when my finances are looking a little healthier, but thank you all the same.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lois McMaster Bujold (other topics)