The Next Best Book Club discussion

Fun and Games > Literary Couples

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Its been awhile since Ive created a topic.... but I was just thinking about this and figured I cant be the only one who has kooky ideas...

If you could hook up any two literary characters, who would you hook up and why?

For me:
I would totally set Odd Thomas (from the self titled novel by Koontz) up with Sookie (from Dead Until Dark by Harris).

Odd can see Bodachs and kick a mean ass when he needs to. Hes shy and strange and in need of a girlfriend. Sookie can read minds, and kick a mean ass when she needs to. Shes shy and strange and in need of a human boyfriend.

It would be the coolest literary hookup ever! I should email Harris and Koontz on this concept asap!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments That is an interesting question! I will have to ponder this...hmmm

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Lori, the first that came in my mind were Scarpetta of the patricia Cirnwell books and Dirk Pitt in Clive Cussler stories. Both good people, investigating...and I have this image of them that they look really good, sexy....enjoying live in their won closed private live, always bringing themself in trouble.....

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 170 comments I'd hook up Jim Chee from the Tony Hillerman books with Kinsey Millhone from the Sue Grafton alphabet mysteries. Kinsey needs a good, stable kind of guy, and they both solve crimes, though one's a cop and one's a PI.