Year 0001 discussion

Ark Four (roleplay) > Zoology Bay

Comments (showing 1-50 of 96) (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 706 comments Mod
Most believe it's out-of-bounds, but it's actually accesible if you can find it. Down several long staircases and corridors lies the long open bay that houses every animal on board. Not just domestic ones, either- girrafes, lions, rinos, elephants- you never know what you'll run into down here.

Roleplay.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "Come now, Clovis dear, don't be scared."

Pennilyn was having trouble getting her dog past the tiger cage - the striped big cats were looking at her spotted pet as though he were a tasty gazelle. She tugged on his leash, but the canine didn't budge.

message 3: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Stubborn fellow, isn't he?"

The redheaded boy was standing to the side of the hall and against an empty cage, watching in silence the elephant opposite him.

"The dog, anyway."

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Pennilyn couldn't deny the leap her heart had made. What with being surrounded by animals that could easily tear her to shreds, she had been startled. But she didn't jump, and kept herself composed on the outside.

"He's usually very obedient - it's just that all these tigers scare him," she said, exasperation making her accent prominent.

Abandoning the task, she walked over to the elephant's cage, pausing a respectful distance away from the boy. Clovis followed her.

message 5: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Eyebrows had shot up in surprise when Pennilyn's accent popped up, and when she went to stand in front of the elephants he smiled politely.

"A neighbor, I see. Gregory Sturm, from London." Accent was prominent as he offered a pale, slightly callused hand to the girl out of regular politeness. Of course one must observe formalities.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa At first, Pennilyn looked confusedly at the hand. Only men greeted men with a handshake - but then she recalled the English customs. She took his hand, a stark comparison to her delicate fingers.

"Pennilyn Leroux. And this," she inclined her head toward her spotted companion. "Is Clovis."

message 7: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"A pleasure." He shook her hand gently, and then Greg patted Clovis on the head. "Nice fellow."

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Clovis licked Gregory's hand, his wagging tail making soft thumps on the floor.

"From London, you say? I was studying there, before this end of the world ordeal. It's a lovely place - if only I could've stayed longer." Pennilyn couldn't imagine it underwater, all of it just gone.

message 9: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I was actually on holiday in America when it happened. Didn't have to watch London burn- thankfully for my sanity."

A littls shrug, and he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

"Rather an empty victory, I suppose."

message 10: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "It's heartbreaking to know what has become of one's home, one's world. As corrupt as it was, it had it's beauty as well."

Pennilyn tried hard not to dwell on it, but it was inevitable. At times she would find herself in tears over the loss of a nation so great. The Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, the Palace of Versailles.

message 11: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"One thing's for certain, I suppose," Greg said quietly.

"We get to start over. See if we can't do things right for the world." Not mess up like we did last time.

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "Agreed."

There was a moment after that in which there was silence, save for the animals stirring around them in their cages. A moment to commemorate their lost world.

Pennilyn decided to move on from the topic, offering one of her charming little smiles. "So, Gregory, as long as we're here, why not get to know each other?"

message 13: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Very well then, Penny- d'you mind if I call you Penny? No offense, but Pennilyn is rather a mouthful." Greg smiled apologetically at his new friend, leaning against the empty cage again.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Pennilyn chuckled, nodding. "That's fine, I understand. It has a nice ring to it." Not exactly the French smoothness she was used to, but it never hurt to try something new once in a while.

message 15: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Thanks, Penny." He inclined his head gently to the Frenchwoman, then began.

"My parents are art collectors from London- the highly successful kind. The kind that can afford four tickets onto the arks. Me, my parents, and my twin Anthony."

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "I'll have to meet him sometime."

Now it was her turn. "I'm Martin Leroux's daughter. He's the current ambassador of France. As such, we're rather wealthy. The kind that can also afford four tickets. My mother and father are aboard a different ark, and then it's Clovis and I."

message 17: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I can admire a person who wouldn't leave their dog behind." Greg nodded at Pennilyn with new-found respect.

"It's just me and Anthony here- mum and dad wound up on ark two. I just thank my lucky stars the two of us stayed together- the man wouldn't have taken well to his concussion without someone he knew around."

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Sadness flickered in her eyes for a moment, the sort of sadness that was empathetic. "Peut-il trouver la paix." The tone of her voice was enough for someone to understand the gist of her condolences.

"Boarding the ship was terribly hectic, yes. I do hope you managed to fight of the sea sickness. Many passengers haven't taken well to the sway."

message 19: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I've had enough experiences with boats to be all right, thankfully." Greg shrugged, the kind of shrug one made when they were indicating they were fine or didn't really care.

"Did you manage?" He finally asked, after a moment's pause.

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "For the most part. I would get dizzy often, though that's not much of a problem anymore." A quick smile. "So, what brings you to the zoology bay? I must commend you for finding it. It's quite the feat."

message 21: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I was bored." The simplest explanation there could be. "So I took a walk, and here I am."

message 22: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa "I see."

Pennilyn watched quietly as a small elephant rolled around in its enclosure, playing with a trunk of an adult. She wondered if the creature had noticed the change in environment. She was doubtful, for it looked positively carefree.

message 23: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

((Derping. Fade?))

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa ((Fade.))

message 25: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Wandering around the empty bay, Anthony watched the animals romping in their cages with a sad smile. Even with the wire mesh seperating them from him, they were free- hardly aware that the world they once knew was gone.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgana stood by the tiger cage, talking very quietly to the big cat. Not that it could hear her, of course. The tiger reminded her of before the ark. She was carefree, fun-loving, and always happy then.

message 27: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Sensitive ears were useful sometimes, and now and again he got something worth hearing. The voice of a girl around his age didn't dissapoint- beyond the din of the cages behind him, a few rows back perhaps. Who was it?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgana smirked grimly at the cat, and moved on to the leopards, towards Anthony, against her knowledge. In earshot now, you could hear her softly say, "Now, now, don't you worry, you're just fine. We'll be out of here soon, I hope." Her voice continued to soothe a worried mother.

message 29: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Now it was clearer. Soothing, reassuring. But who was she speaking to? He could almost see her now- across the cages, seperated from him by the leapord cage. "Hullo?" He asked.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

She jumped, thinking she was alone. "Uh, hi. I'm just well, talking to leopards." She almost smacked herself for the brutal honesty. She thought about walking around the cage, but refrained.

message 31: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Understandable," he replied with a shrug. "They don't interrupt, they can't say things afterwards... good outlets sometimes."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Indeed." The word alone was an ample response from her. She wasn't shy, so she claimed, just reserved.

message 33: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Seeing as she apparently intended to stay on that side of the cage, Anthony decided to go around to the strange girl. It took a few swift strides to loop the floor-to-ceiling cage, and as he rounded the corner the redhead flashed a friendly smile at Morgana.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

She smirked, as close to a smile as she would get, and waved. "So what are you doing here?" An amused tone crept into her voice.

message 35: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"It's quiet down here- or as quiet as it gets for a bay full of animals. Good for sensitive hearing." Anthony reached up and jabbed next to his temple, carefully not letting the two collide.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2012 06:41PM) (new)

"Oh." Her voice dropped down, quieter than before. "I understand. I get spontaneous migraines sometimes." She closed her eyes momentarily, before flicking them open, with interest. "My name is Morgana, may I have the pleasure of knowing yours?"

message 37: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Sturm- Anthony Sturm. And the pleasure is mine." Bowing a little, Anthony treated Morgana to a slightly more polite smile and offered a hand.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

A giggle escaped her lips as she slightly curtsied, then shook his hand. "I'm glad I got to meet you. You are probably my first friend here." She avoided mentioning the fact she locked herself in her room for the first week or two, sobbing.

message 39: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Friends already, eh? I suppose my charm does have some effect..." Anthony trailed off, winking at Morgana.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgana laughed, feigning to be a Victorian lady, fanning herself with her hand as she said, "Is it my fault I'm so easily charmed?" She pretended to swoon, trying not to burst out laughing.

message 41: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I doubt it... ladies do have a tendency to fall for gingers." Suppressing a laugh, he took a mock-step back and bowed in 'Apology'.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

At this she could not withhold the giggles inside her. She began to laugh harder than she had in a long time. She supported herself on a rail, laughter shaking her small frame. "Need... Air..." She gasped, laughing fits subsiding.

message 43: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

Anthony too let the laughs out, and after several bouts of guffawing got himself under control. "Well," he chortled. "This was the finest first meeting I've had in a good while."

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

The only one for myself, threw a voice in the back of her head as she remained smirking, replying, "Yes it has. It is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister Sturm." She curtsied, as they had in the beginning of their meeting.

message 45: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Likewise, miss-" He gestured in inquisation to Morgana.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Autumn," Came the automatic reply. It was the one thing she was proud of, her family.

message 47: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"Miss Autumn. The pleasure is mine."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, I do believe I am going to get a refreshment from above, would you like to join me, perhaps?"

message 49: by Thera, Allons, capitaine! Tout de suite! (new)

"I shall call a pass, but thanks. I'll enjoy the animal's company a little longer." Tipping Morgana another wink, Anthony waved at her once more before turning and going deeper into the maze of cages.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, I'll be off. I hope to see you again, Anthony." She hovered a moment, before heading towards the stairs, beginning to climb up the annoyance they called staircases.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread