Dragonlance discussion

DoAT movie release date

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Matthew (rodgers) | 21 comments Mod
Looks like January 15, 2008 is the DVD release of the animated movie based on the book Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
Anybody planning on getting it!?

I think I will have to.

message 2: by Christina Stind (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Christina Stind | 7 comments Yeah, I will have to get it as well. Me and some friends have played the 'who will you cast as whom of the companions' game for many years and although this is "just" an animated movie, I can't wait to see it and see if it does the story justice. And I love the casting of Kiefer Sutherland!

message 3: by khrome (new)

khrome | 9 comments I will, but I'm kind of bummed that it's going straight to DVD. Makes me wonder how good it's going to be.. :/

Christina Stind | 7 comments Yeah - I don't know... Maybe it's because they didn't plan for it to come out so close to 'The Golden Compass' and with the major hype about that one, maybe they just didn't have the guts to take on the fight?

message 5: by Matthew (new)

The trailer is on Youtube or something.
Not very impressive, actually, but I'm going to see it of course!

The Golden Compass only made like $24 million opening weekend. It bombed. Don't go see it.

Christina Stind | 7 comments Not the trailer doesn't look very good... Going to see it anyway.
I recently bought the 'His darken materials' omnibus so I'm going to read it and then later decide if I want to see it. Maybe when it comes out on DVD.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Movie comes out today!
I think I'll go pick up a copy.

message 8: by Monday (new)

Monday Busque (mrbaltan) | 1 comments I've seen it. It's pretty awful. Like really awful. Like incredibly terrible. The animation and voice acting is pretty horrible. Keifer Sutherland as Raistlin is the only decent thing.

And yes, they do animate the bouncing breasts of Tika Waylan.

It's really bad.

message 9: by khrome (new)

khrome | 9 comments I bought this last night. The animation was terrible! LOL It looked like they had two animation teams that couldn't agree with each other.

But it was still fun to watch - kind of like the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon from the 80s. Still not as good as reading the book.

My bf, who hasn't read the books (who doesn't read much at all except tech books) is now interested in reading them, so they got the story across pretty good. i had to fill him in on some of the character info though, since 2 hours in not really enough for character development.

I didn't particularly like Keifer as Raistlin - I imagined him to be a little more quieter and raspy. And not with a hacking cough, but a weezy cough (like asthma.) And I busted up lauging when he said "SHHHIIRRAAAKK!!" - he sounded so goofy. :-)

This is my second attempt at posting this - so hopefully my other post is not delayed and we end up with two of these...

message 10: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments I haven't seen it yet, but I know when I saw the trailer I thought it looked like a bad 80's Saturday morning cartoon with really cheesy CG animation thrown in to attempt to make it look newer and cooler. Though, if they got the story line across well enough to get people interested in the books, then I guess it's not a complete waste...

I plan to watch it eventually, I just really don't want to pay to do it.