harry potter haters discussion

yuck.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Tess adding on to Bre. not millions that would disagree, BILLIONS.

message 2: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) *dramatic drumroll*
BILLIONS OF READERS!!!!

um...while i have no idea what the actual print volume is of all the HP (and I don't mean the brown sauce, you limeys) books I highly doubt it has passed the several hundred million mark. Hallows had a record first printing of something like 12 million. Even considering multiple people reading one copy, billions of readers suggests a inconceivable market saturation. i'm pretty sure they don't read in China (i apologize for this horribly insensitive remark, but if someone else can speak for a sixth of the world's population without their permission i figured i could too. plus, everyone knows communists hate wizards. ...again, apologies.), and i'm also pretty sure huge swathes of Americans haven't touched HP ( evangelists, rednecks, and supporters of Bush).

anyhow, that was just a long winded, snarky way of asking for some proof of these outrageous numbers. a signed petition would satisfy me...

and i've already explained why i don't like harry potter. i figure this group is mostly just for irrational antagonism. which is cool.

message 3: by Roni (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Roni (v_a_b) I say without a doubt that I am a harry potter fan. One good thing about it is that it encourages kids to read. I also find the plot of the story interesting. It is one of those books that keep you wondering what will happen next. J.K. Rowling (though many may not even realize it) has made the holocost into a fantasy story, which I truly believe would be difficult to do. The wizzards are Nazis, Voldemort is Hitler, and muggles are the Jews. She created and entirely new story subtley based on history, which makes it very different from historical fiction. Harry Potter is very descriptive too, without straying from the common english language so much that any person couldn't understand what she is saying. So you say you want some good reasons to like harry potter? Here they are.

message 4: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) Wow. I am speechless. This is almost as absurd as radical Christians arguing that HP inspires kids to satanic practices. All of a sudden the books have become so much more important to me, because they're about nazis! Yay! I can learn "history" while reading!

...don't make me laugh....

message 5: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Tess Veronica is right. Jason if you dont like harry potter, then be quiet. NO ONE CARES. Oh, exept for the 15 people in this group. Yeah, what about the 745 people in the Harry Potter group?

message 6: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:54PM) (new)

Tess SHUT UP stupid harry potter haters!!

message 7: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Tess what?

message 8: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) Is it perverse the pleasure i get out of this group, even if it is only one or two HP lovers who waste their time here?

Notice that we haven't made any attacks on the other HP group, though I am convinced our superior rhetoric could wreak havoc...

And that is the next biggest problem I have with harry potter, after all my other reasons: the fanatics are like fundamentalist zombies who refuse to have discussions, and just want to eat your soul and turn you into one of them...which gets so old! And i'm not just talking about people online--I encounter them all the time in real life. Of course, they are often less aggressive in person, usually tossing up their hands and turning away in disgust, as if they are speaking with a slightly deranged alien.

message 9: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Tess HARRY POTTER IS BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU DUMB@$%! SHUT UP...please

message 10: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) It has occured to me, Martha, that we are dealing with minors here. They have private profiles and are obviously easily upset with no desire for conversation. I'd be one of the first to protest against age discrimination, but I think we're wasting our breath here...

Ah well...

message 11: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Kenzie Okay you want to know why we love them.

They just are. You know? If you like something for the pleasure of liking it you'll want others to experience that as well.

We love them because they give us soul, not soul as in living inside us, but soul. They are like a hero. You hear about them and think 'yes, more, hooray'.

There's no real reason why we love them. We just do. It gives us happiness inside to read one. We love them for what they are.

Get rid of all the magic and spells and all that mumbo-jumbo. What are you left with? A tale of romance, heroes, crime, murder, mystery, love, hate, friedship, and more. Underneath all of the spells is a really great story.

That is what I treasure, not the magic or anything like that. The plot, characters...Some of the characters you can realate to yourself, without the magic, and some...Just give you a good laugh.

I love them for what they are, not what they have become.

message 12: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) Perhaps, McKenzie, you are one of the younger generation who will move onto bigger and better literature. You are certainly earnest in your enthusiasm (and we all know the importance of this), and hopefully this will translate into a reader who can transcend the best seller lists.

Best o' luck.

Now get out of our group, this is for haters only!
;)

message 13: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Kenzie Fine I'll leave, but spare me the pleasure of saying that I will learn to like better things. I already do that, which you would no if you had read my profile.

message 14: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) Your profile is set to private

message 15: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Tess It has just occured to me that we are dealing with people who are very stupid and need to read harry potter.I bet all of you just say you hate it and have never read all of the books. I will admit it, the movies aren't very good. Are you basing your opinions on those? If you are then, please read the book.

message 16: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) You can look at my profile and see that i've read it. Unfortunately yours is set to private, so I have no way of judging your tastes in relation to the series. If you choose not to believe me, that's your prerogative, but I reserve the right to look down upon those that willfully embrace ignorance (ew...i'm starting to sound like Rand).

message 17: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Kenzie Sorry, I had no idea it was private...How do you get it off?

message 18: by Jason (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Jason (gireesh42) On your Home, go to edit my profile and then there are options on the right you can change...

message 19: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Kenzie Thanx I will do just that....I think?

message 20: by Roni (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Roni (v_a_b) these discussions make me laugh. :P

message 21: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Tess Hahaha.

message 22: by Kidz (new)

Kidz | 10 comments hello every body i just joined so i could say that everybody here that achuley is a harry potter hater is dumb.

message 23: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) hey! jason, i resent your comment about all HP fanatics being zombies wanting to eat your soul! i consider myself (almost) a fanatic, and i can understand why some people hate them! the plot dose get old, and i can see where the peolpe in this group are coming from, and i still like them! you cant speak for all HP fans, you know! as you said before (maybe in a diff. post), i want proof of these numbers. a signed petition would be nice.

message 24: by Haley82 (new)

Haley82 | 22 comments why the heck are you here if u like harry potter when the club is called Harry Potter Haters???? If u like Harry Potter just leave ok.

message 25: by Haley82 (new)

Haley82 | 22 comments get some anger management ok you'll be better off!

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) huh? i wasn't being angry. i was expressing my opinion, which you all seem MORE than willing to do. and i joined the group to meet new people, so EXCUSE ME for wanting to be friendly. maybe next time i'll just start insulting YOU, and see how you like it. please consider people's feelings...

message 27: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) and my profile is set to private because im a paranoid person who has watched a few too many of those shows, such as CSI, where kids are kidnapped because they were stupid online. Sorry if i dont want to end up dead in a back alley somewhere...

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments what? huh?

Sorry that we have to insult you, but seriously, if u like harry potter in a harry potter haters group, then yeah. kinda weird.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

so are you saying that there were Nazis trying to PROTECT the Jewish Population? Because People like Dumbledore (ONLY IN HIS LATER LIFE) were protecting Muggles. And all the good peoples. So I guess, the Muggle lovers are people trying to help the Jewish People in the Holocaust?

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? please leave.

message 31: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) umm, mayrose? katie has a point there... i get KINDA what ur trying to say, but it was a bit kinda out of context... and i like all books... well, except for ONE *witch of blackbird pond was AWFUL!!*, and i finished it. i THINK what bugged me about that book was that i had expectations, and it went completely off what i thought might happen... srry, that was a bit of the hp vendetta here, but hey, oh well

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments thanx Snowfoot.

message 33: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) just tryin to keep things from gettin outta hand here, lol!

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments thanx.

message 35: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *shrugs* well, a girls gotta do SUMTHIN to keep the peace! :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

and again?

message 37: by Little Sparrow (new)

Little Sparrow (Ella) (LittleSparrow) No, I don't want to.

message 38: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ella? what was that a response to?

message 39: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments idk?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

katie, i did leave.

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments right now you're still typin'.

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments jk.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

that's cuz i joined again, i do regular checkups on this group.

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments Why???

message 45: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) hey Natey, i like em too, and hv the same approaach... ish, lol! anyway, go us! geeze, i cant type tonite! had to go back and fix bunches of stuffz, lol! its the ppl that come in here and attempt to change ppls's minds that annoy here.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Agreed! Well-put Natey!

Ack! I'm starting to go loopy! *laughs hysterically, wipes away the streaming tears of laughter* Very crazy!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, i check up on this group to argue, cuz i love arguing.

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments totally my point, u shouldn't join a group to argue...u should join one if u truly believe what the group is.

message 49: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *cough* well... i joined for the wrong reasons then... oh well... i still like hp guys! *starts humming movie intro song* need to get that outta my head... course, i didnt join to argue either, wo not ALL my reasons were wrong, lol! and ppl who join JUST to argue kinda tick me off... but... not much i can really do about it, besides yell at them, which kinda duznt help w/ he arguing....

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments people who r in this group that agree, have the right to argue, however, people who join JUST to argue kinda tick me off too. i mean, it would be much easier, for them to just get out.

« previous 1 3