What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Picture book Book was about a stowaway penguin who is found hiding on a ship and made to swab the deck.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Barbara Zagrodnik Looking for the name of a picture book read by my daughter in about 1983-5. Book was about a stowaway penguin who is found hiding on a ship and made to swab the deck. "Swab" was a word she didn't know. It is not Black/White the Penguin, or Mr. Popper's Penguins. Most books we are finding about penguins are after 1987 and it was definitely before that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments A Penguin in New York by William Rapin (c1984)?

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 178 comments I can't find any details about this book but maybe:
The Penguin Who Hated the Cold The Penguin Who Hated the Cold by Walt Disney Company

Amazon.com shows it's original cover with title from 1973
Walt Disney's the Penguin That Hated the Cold

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Is it Penguin Pete, Ahoy. This is a translated book about a penguin who thinks he has found an abandoned ship, but discovers a mouse on board ( the captain of the ship) whom he hides from for a while.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36943 comments Mod
Something tells me Barbara is not active anymore.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
She's set to private so we can't see or send her a PM. So, since it has been more than 2 years, I'm moving this down to Abandoned