Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just discovered that there's been a change to the "Recommend" function. Apparently, I am now only able to recommend a book to someone if one of my friends has it on one of their shelves. It's not even enough for me to have it on my own shelf. This seems to defeat the purpose of the function altogether. Can't we change it back to where I can recommend anything to anybody I want, no matter who else has or hasn't read it?

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Chris and Otis and All,

I didn't believe it but I chose a book I knew none of my Goodreads friends have read. (Only 3 of us have rated and reviewed it and neither of the other 2 are friends.) Chris seems to be correct. I cannot find a link to recommend the book to others.

If we are missing how to recommend these books, please post and let us know how to do it.

Otherwise, I'm asking for what Chris has requested.

Thanks for listening.

message 3: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Chris & Lisa,

Our bad! We totally forgot to add the link in that case - thanks for catching that! We've now corrected the issue.

Otis

message 4: by Sonky (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Sonky | 28 comments As the author of the Recommend feature, I am grateful to the heart of my bottom for all fixes to said feature.

Also, I think I'm funny; actual results may vary.