Reincarnation discussion

Reincarnation Books > What Are Your Favorite Reincarnation Books?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Amy I've only encountered 3 fiction books on reincarnation:
This Body
Replay
The Years of Rice and Salt

I'd love to read others. It's a fascinating subject, but there seems to be so few English language fiction novels covering this subject.

message 2: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments The Star Rover by Jack London
Threads by Nell Gavin
I Remember Love by Mollie Hardwick
A Wish in Time by Laurel Bradley
Soul Survivor by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross
Someone Else's Yesterday by Jeffrey Keene
Looking for Carol Beckwith by Captain Robert Snow
Where Biology and Reincarnation Intersect by Dr. Ian Stevenson

message 3: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Whoops! I forgot my own, Deception Past by Franki deMerle. Hope you like it & give me some honest feedback. I'm in the process of finishing my second novel (also reincarnation-related).

message 4: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments MJ Rose has 3: The Hypnotist, The Memorist, The Reincarnationist (I'm currently reading the latter & I like it)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Hi Im new here..and so glad there is a group about Reincarnation books! I love reading these..not many out there. I love MJ Rose books..one that is good is by Nell GavinThreads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn also Im now reading byLaurel Phelan Guinevere: The True Story of One Woman's Quest for Her Past Life Identity and the Healin of Her Eternal Soul this author is a regression therapist and its her story of her past life as Guinevere..it is really good so far. would love to hear others recommends!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) These are some of my favorites Lady of Hay Kingdom of Shadows Child of the Phoenixalot of her books are "regression-past life..love them all.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Just ordered your book Franki..looks good! Im looking forward to reading. when will your next book be out?

message 8: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Thanks, Sandi! I have more books to add to my list now. My second book is with a reviewer so I might have one to put on the back cover. When that comes back, depending on what the review says, I'll decide whether to make any changes/corrections or send it straight to the editor. Once it's submitted I'm guessing 3-6 months, but having only done this once so far, I'm not sure. But thanks for asking! And please let me know how the first one is once you've read it. Thanks again!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Thanks Franki I will and looking forward to your next book!

message 10: by AWomanReading (new)

AWomanReading I love Barbara Erskine and her novels. Have also read M.J. Rose's The Memorist series.

I wrote an article about Erskine and her novels that may be of interest to this discussion: http://wp.me/p11xqU-14

Thanks!

Amy wrote: "I've only encountered 3 fiction books on reincarnation:
This Body
Replay

I'd love to read others. It's a fascinating subject, but there seems to be so few English ..."

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Amy wrote: "I've only encountered 3 fiction books on reincarnation:
This Body
Replay

I'd love to read others. It's a fascinating subject, but there seems to be so few English ..."

Who are the Authors to these books?

message 12: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Deception PastWe have a group bookshelf, and I have some listed on my website (some are nonfiction), www.reincarnationbooks.com. And I hope to have my next novel out (it's more of a reincarnation romance), Dragonfly Dreams, in the next six months. :)

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Domantay (MelancholicJourney) | 2 comments I'm so happy to learn more reincarnation books from this group! I'll make sure to get copies from our local bookstore this week! So far I've read 2 recently - My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares and Reincarnation. I'm crossing my fingers that they have a copy of your books, Franki. I'm looking forward to reading them. :-)

message 14: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Oct 11, 2010 11:30AM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Hi Anne the book My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
sounds like a good book. And Franki's book Deception Past by Franki deMerle is really good!
Was hard to find but I got it at www.bookdepository.com Im waiting for Franki's next book!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Another one I just got The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller also from there..havent read it yet.

message 16: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Anne wrote: "I'm so happy to learn more reincarnation books from this group! I'll make sure to get copies from our local bookstore this week! So far I've read 2 recently - My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares an..."

Thank you so much, Ann! And glad to have more books on our shelf! I'll check out My Name is Memory. Thanks!

message 17: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Sandi wrote: "Hi Anne the book My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
sounds like a good book. And Franki's book Deception Past by Franki deMerle is really good!
Was hard to find but I got it at www.bookdepo..."

Hey, Sandi. Thank you! Deception Past should be available from Barnes&Nobel online, www.Amazon.com, www.iUniverse.com, and www.reincarnationbooks.com. There's also another site listed on the last site on the Events page. I'll be sure to list the bookdepository there too. Thank you! And Dragonfly Dreams is having its cover designed. :)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Maybe because Im in Canada that I had a hard time finding..really looking forward to your new book..please let us know when its out!

message 19: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Deception PastIf you've got a book, please remember to add it to the bookshelf. When Dragonfly Dreams comes out, I'll let you know. Thanks!

message 20: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Dragonfly Dreams is now available online from www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, and www.iuniverse.com. It's a reincarnation romance and I'm very proud of it!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Thanks Franki Im going to see if I can find it here in Canada..(Amazon.com will charge $9.00 to ship..)
maybe the Bookdepository will have it?

message 22: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Sandi wrote: "Thanks Franki Im going to see if I can find it here in Canada..(Amazon.com will charge $9.00 to ship..)
maybe the Bookdepository will have it?"

I would think so, if not now, then soon. Sometimes it takes a little while for everything to get uploaded. Thanks!

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz | 1 comments Anya Seton's Green Darkness.

message 24: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments I have a new reincarnation novel out: Five Flowers, a story of 5 Tudor queens who come back in Victorian London's Whitechapel district and again in the US in the 1960s. So far it has a 5* review. Available in ebook for $1.99 and paperback for $15.95 (416 pages)@ http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos... and www.reincarnationbooks.com Hope you like it.
Franki deMerle

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Ricci (lynn_ricci) | 2 comments I released a paranormal romance - a beauty and the beast themed novel titled Cursed. One of the central themes of the novel is based on reincarnation and the MC thinks she is running from her (present) past but she finds she is actually running back to the past she had not finished. I wrote a blog about reincarnation this morning and love's flicker of recognition at lynnricci.wordpress - Feel free to check out the blog or my book if reincarnation is something that interests you!Cursed

message 26: by Samyann (new)

Samyann I've read a few, and as everyone knows, there are very few. Although not 'reincarnation' per say, modern day, I'd have to go with the Outlander series. They are fun reads (I actually listen to audiobook versions and adore the narration of Davina Porter).

Quite honestly, the book I enjoy the most, is my own. No surprise there, huh? Yesterday: A Novel of Reincarnation

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Reading right now Time And Time Again by Dennis Danvers so far really good.

message 28: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Demarest (lynndemarest) | 1 comments May I recommend:
The Soul Gene

message 29: by Franki (new)

Franki Demerle (frankidemerle) | 20 comments Soul Gene is a good one. I also like books by Dr Adrian Finkelstein. I think one of my favorites is The Art of Racing in the Rain.

message 30: by Samyann (last edited Jan 10, 2015 08:45PM) (new)

Samyann Not sure what the protocol is in this, but just wanting to let the followers of this thread know that my novel is available in all formats now: Audiobook included! Paperback, Kindle, ebook/Nook, and read by Darlene Allen as an audiobook. Amazon, Audible, or B & N.

Yesterday: A Novel of Reincarnation
Yesterday A Novel of Reincarnation by Samyann

message 31: by Russell (new)

Russell Perry (russellperry) | 6 comments By coincidence, I've just started a list of my favorite reincarnation books on my website http://russellperry.com.au/reincarnat...
Of course I included my series The Returning by Russell J. Perry and Murdering Point (The Returning, #2) by Russell J. Perry I'm a big fan of reading and writing reincarnation novels.

message 32: by Samyann (new)

Samyann Russell wrote: "By coincidence, I've just started a list of my favorite reincarnation books on my website http://russellperry.com.au/reincarnat...
Of course I included my series [bookcover:The Returning|12..."

Thanks for the links, Russell. I’d love to check them out!

message 33: by Russell (new)

Russell Perry (russellperry) | 6 comments My pleasure Samyann. The subject fascinates me, great inspiration for stories.

message 34: by Daniel (last edited Jul 16, 2014 03:14AM) (new)

Daniel (danielmartineckhart) | 3 comments I've joined this group because I've written a novel where the protagonist reincarnates again and again. This is a fascinating thread - thanks for sharing all these novels - I have a lot of reading to do!

The whole notion of reincarnation has always resonated strongly with me. I certainly wasn't raised that way - not only was I raised Catholic, I even spent years in the Vatican protecting the Pope. But Catholicism, to me, was always something that was about exclusion and guilt trips. I believe the world's bigger and far more beautiful than that ... and our lives are as rich as we allow them to become. Life ... lives. There are no limits.

message 35: by Russell (new)

Russell Perry (russellperry) | 6 comments Daniel wrote: "I've joined this group because I've written a novel where the protagonist reincarnates again and again. This is a fascinating thread - thanks for sharing all these novels - I have a lot of reading ..."

Great sentiments Daniel, I share them. Reincarnation is the thread through my writing as well, great inspiration for writing.

message 36: by Victor (new)

Victor Smith | 15 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "I've joined this group because I've written a novel where the protagonist reincarnates again and again. This is a fascinating thread - thanks for sharing all these novels - I have a lot of reading ..."
Your personal story sounds intriguing. Sounds like you were a Swiss Guard or something. My novel The Anathemas is largely the story of how reincarnation was made a heresy at the Council of Constantinople in 553. We should compare notes.The Anathemas: a Novel of Reincarnation and Restitution

message 37: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Weinstock (1001series) | 11 comments Daniel, I responded to your post on the other thread, but feel free to check out my book, 1001: The Qaraq, Book One of The Reincarnation Chronicles. The qaraq is a group of souls who travel from lifetime to lifetime together.

message 38: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Weinstock (1001series) | 11 comments Some of you have seen my blog on inventing new genres, but here's the link for those who want some thoughts on reincarnation fiction as a worthy sub-genre: http://goo.gl/CBIUjl

message 39: by Bob (new)

Bob Frank | 10 comments Stephen,
I read through Jessica's site and your blog. Interesting.

My thoughts are that there could be a new mainline sub-genre on reincarnation as a discipline but perhaps disguised as that term "Karma Lit". A lot of existing material could pick up that genre.

Good and Bad:
Bad: The "Lit" word makes it seem like "Chick Lit" or content that is just lovey dovey, e.g., "I found my soul mate" type of fiction.

Good: A genre with words of "Reincarnation" and "Past Lives" ward off of a lot of people (probably thanks to their dogmas). Karma seems to have an acceptable connotation because it is soft touch. Reincarnation and past lives could (for the most part) fit into a Karma sub-genre.

Bob

message 40: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Weinstock (1001series) | 11 comments Bob,
Really good points. I agree with all your assessments of the word connotations.

My most recent thought is that a level up the hierarchy is a sub-category of Time Travel Fiction, which encompasses reincarnation books, doesn't have the warding off quality, but of course wouldn't directly reflect past life stories.

Also, if the point of genres is to create audiences, or steer people toward books they might like, perhaps we shouldn't concern ourselves with those who are turned off by the terms reincarnation and past lives. I like to think that a person like that would still appreciate what my novel contains, but that may be idealism.

message 41: by Shira (new)

Shira (arielk) | 2 comments Check out "The Laws of Attraction" by Howard Reiss. This is a great fiction novel about reincarnation.

message 42: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Elani (GraniteAndGrantivy) | 2 comments My new book is a historical/romance novel based on the theory of reincarnation. The setting is NYC during the late 1800s and follows the building of the Brooklyn Bridge.

"Granite and Gravity" by Vivian Elani

Amazon link: http://amzn.com/1505869668

Granite and Gravity is told from two perspectives: those living on Earth as well as their respective souls who review their lives upon return to the Soul World.

The group doesn't know they are on Earth for a specific purpose. Instead, they struggle with their own insecurities and character flaws and blame others instead of looking within for answers about the meaning and purpose of their lives.

message 43: by Victor (last edited Mar 11, 2015 06:37PM) (new)

Victor Smith | 15 comments Mod
Intriguing, Vivian. The Group Soul thesis is ripe for exploration. Will put your work on my reading list. I suppose you've checked out Arthur Guirdham's writings. Very definitive (non-fiction) on the group soul phenomenon.

Also visit the Visionary Fiction Alliance site. Several of us write on reincarnation also.

message 44: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Elani (GraniteAndGrantivy) | 2 comments I read a lot of Michael Newton. Guirdham looks interesting. I looked at the visionary fiction website and can now classify what my book is!! Thanks!