Buckeye Bookworms discussion

Book Club

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) Would anyone be interested in starting an OSU book club? We could vote on which book to read & either discuss it here or meet somewhere on campus once a month or something? What do you think?

message 2: by Katy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Katy | 2 comments sure. When would you like to start? Read? Meet?

message 3: by Jim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Jim | 4 comments I'd be interested - interaction by internet is fine but I think combination of here and maybe meeting some time after book is chosen would be worth trying - how many members do you think would be necessary to make it worthwhile?

message 4: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) Do you think 5 members sounds good? I've never been in a book club before (well, once but that was with people I worked with & we only met twice), so I'm not sure what makes a good one.

Do you think everyone should pick a book they'd like to read & everyone votes on one of those books? We could have a post for the books to consider & a seperate post for votes. Everyone votes once & they can't vote for their book. Does that sound fair? Does that make sense?

Let me know what you guys think. I have no desire to be "in charge" or anything, everyones opinion should count.

message 5: by Jim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Jim | 4 comments 5 sounds fine by me - Voting is fine but I think everyone ought to have the right to veto any book regardless of how many votes that particular book got - who wants to discuss much less read a book that you have no interest in,i.e. everybody ought to agree to the book selected - of course maybe getting out of a comfort zone as to what I like to read usually probably would be good for me (let's face it , if everyone were the same or had the same tastes , it would be a borrrrrrrrring world) - so if one of the club members really wants to read a particular book, then tell me why I should revoke or not cast a veto in the first place

Rat de bibliothèque (PetitVerEpicureanDeLivre) | 1 comments Late comer.

I could be interested in a book club. This would be the first I'd been in but it'd be refreshing to meet up with campus area bibliophiles.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 4 comments this is a book club OSU students might enjoy during the Summer (and longer if want to)

next meeting June 10, 7PM
Zencha, 982 North High - Short North
across from White Castle
2 books for discussion with 1st one 4 discussion
The Postman Always Rings Twice - short and direct
Freedom at Midnight - about Ghandi
we can discuss this book that night or at next meeting in July -so no big deal whether U get to it or not

any questions, contact me

Jim 622-1942

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Johnson I would definitely be interested in a book club. I've never been in one before, so I have no idea of the inner-workings or anything, but I'd love to give it a try. I'm not here during the summer though.