The Next Best Book Club discussion

Rules/ Group Announcements > 17,000 Strong and Growing!

Comments (showing 201-250 of 544) (544 new)    post a comment »

message 201: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 2212 !

message 202: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I think it is good that you (Lori) are getting rid of members who do not post... there are so many who have never commented, but probably lurk!

message 203: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9507 comments Mod
Well, its not really the ones who arent posting perse... its the ones who havent logged into their profile for months. Just the inactives. If I did the ones with 0 comments, I might accidently delete newer members who are just shy and working up their courage.

That would be a mean way to welcome them, huh? Hi, your new, and you never posted. Bah bye! Ha ha ha

message 204: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Yes I suppose you have a valid point... we would not want to discourage people from joining!

message 205: by Peribo (new)

Peribo Its over 2300 now. Unstoppable.

message 206: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments glad i could help lol!

message 207: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments Aye I agree - let's not delete the non-posters - lurking is fine - some people are shy. But certainly people who have not signed on in ages

message 208: by [deleted user] (new)

The group is growing very quickly!

message 209: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 4 to go for the big 2400!

message 210: by DevonAlyse (new)

DevonAlyse | 75 comments 2400!!!!

message 211: by Leah (new)

Leah (Ling_Ling) | 226 comments woo thats a big number! I log in everyday and I love seeing how people keep coming!

message 212: by Daybook (new)

Daybook | 66 comments How long to 2500?

message 213: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 10 days at the max.

message 214: by Petra Xcess (new)

Petra Xcess (PetraX) One week I think.

message 215: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Wow... In just over 2 months TNBBC has gained almost 1000 members! That's insane!!

message 216: by Leah (new)

Leah (Ling_Ling) | 226 comments I agree I think it will take about a week to get there..I'm amazed to see the number go up everyday I log in!

message 217: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I wonder who to thank for all the PR!!

message 218: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments We hit 2500 today! Woo!

message 219: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 2502 :)

message 220: by Petra Xcess (new)

Petra Xcess (PetraX) 2508, congratulations Lori. What is the next big number? 3,000? I wonder how long it will take to hit that, only a month or six weeks I think.

message 221: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Petra, is that supposed to be an Amy Winehouse barbie... too funny!

3000 is right around the corner, isnt it?

message 222: by Meghanly (new)

Meghanly | 218 comments Lori - Thanks for making this group! I have found SOOO much to read because of the Challenges and Discussions on this forum. I know that I found the group because everytime I searched for a book title, there was a thread containing that book in TNBBC - EVERY TIME! I figured this was the place to be. THANK YOU for being a terrific moderator.

message 223: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Meghan,
you are very welcome! Its the least I can do :)

I love this site. Its so addicting on its own, but when you get involved in a group, it's like a drug!! I created my own because I was always taking over the groups I was just a member of.

This one started out so small for so long and then it just seemed to catch on... so many great people have come (and gone, sniff sniff) and come again.. I feel so lucky and so loved!

Really. I mean it! Its easy to moderate this forum. You guys spoil me rotten!!!

message 224: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Yeah, we should make it harder for you really, otherwise you'll go soft.

Free shampoo anyone? If you buy some of Fiona's Wonder sham-poo you'll hair will shine brighter then the sun. And I'm gonna throw in $1781 worth of free hair care products if you do!

message 225: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

tee hee

message 226: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Rev up your engines and start the countdown again. Its 2591. 9 more to go!

message 227: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 2604 :)
Another milestone conquered.

message 228: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow! just growing & growing!

message 229: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Compton-Mys (ColdSnap) | 101 comments I have to say that I joined this group because I kept seeing TNBBC as having comments on a lot of the books that I read or wanted to read and I was intrigued. I love how friendly all the people are here!

message 230: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

yeah, we gotsa lota love to share :)
Thanks for the compliment Johanna.... For such a large group, I think we do a great job of sharing and interacting with one another!

message 231: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) TNBBC is like groups within groups. Cos we're so large and we read a lot of different kinds of books there's something for everyone.

And also because it's much more social here and we don't just talk about books - which I think is important. I love books, books are my life and I'm sure others here share that sentiment. But we all talk about other stuff as well non-book related (though it does sometimes tend to come back to books!) which is much nicer then having your conversation just confined to one thing all the time.

message 232: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments it's awesome how big this group is.

message 233: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments We are now over 2700! Woo!

message 234: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments 2704!

message 235: by Katie (new)

Katie Flora Wilkins (Kflora) I'm glad I'm a part of the cool kids group!

message 236: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

16 people joined today. That is just crazy. Really.
We must be doing something right!

message 237: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

We have almost DOUBLED since Petra started this thread back in November.... Wow. just wow.

message 238: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Lori, 16 may of joined today - but there's one spammer called Misha B, recently of existence in the Elizabeth Gaskell topic who wouldn't mind being deleted.

message 239: by Hay (new)

Hay | 12 comments hi i just join this group so what do we talk about

message 240: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I sent a warning that he rejoined our group in the thread that Saved by Grace titled Micha... it was just a matter of time before he spread his garbage about his book...blah, blah, blah...

Fiona he has been already asked to leave!!

message 241: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) People like him don't respond to being politely asked to leave. He just comes to annoy. I flagged the little toad and hopefully he'll be kicked off GR for good.

There really should be an Internet Police Force that can permanently stop little toads from having access to the internet.

message 242: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Yes, he is a complete pain!! And he knows it and flaunts it...

message 243: by Hay (new)

Hay | 12 comments so why did someone get kicked off what happend

message 244: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) We shouldn't really play up to him. Best to just ignore him I suppose and block him. After flagging, of course.

message 245: by Hay (new)

Hay | 12 comments why are you guys ignoring me

message 246: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Oh sorry Hay, I didn't see you there. GR doesn't refresh the page when you make a new comment so if anyone's posted in between you don't always see, which is really annoying!

message 247: by Hay (new)

Hay | 12 comments oh okay its alright so what happend to this person you guys are trying to kick off

message 248: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) He hasn't yet been kicked off completely, but he should be. He keeps spamming his worthless book here and generally making an idiot out of himself. We don't like people who do not participate in the group and who only use this place as a platform to advertise their book.

message 249: by Hay (last edited Mar 04, 2009 06:30AM) (new)

Hay | 12 comments yeah that is stupid why doesnt he just do that somewhere else oh and guess what im doing typing this thing at school its fun

message 250: by Hay (new)

Hay | 12 comments im gonna have to go in 10 minutes to my next class

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Avempartha (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)
John Cicero (other topics)