The Trench discussion

Reversing a downward trend...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
Where do we go from here? Every semester thousands of indoctrinated minds are released from our universities into the “real” world. These indoctrinated minds hold nothing sacred. Nothing is important. Throughout their education they have seen mediocrity praised and personal achievements ignored.

IMO this has caused the country to list to the left; maybe not completely, but a definite trend. I believe this is going to get worse particularly if the conservatives don’t change tactics. We need to find a way to pierce the growing void. We can not argue on a morale high ground; they simply don’t care. Arguments of that nature are falling on deaf ears. So where do we go? In what ways can we connect with people, and debate in a way that they will actually listen to what we see so clearly?

message 2: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments I'm of the mind that reorganization must start at the local and state level, with an eye on the 2010 elections. Get as much new blood in as we can with an eye on getting the party back to the principles espoused by Reagan. Whoever that idiot Republican congressman was who happily declared the Era of Reagan dead should have been thoroughly casitigated. Sadly, too many of his cohorts were in agreement.

Also - Campus Watch is a solid organization and they've done some great work. Any way you can find to help them locally is a good move. Attend speaking engagements, and report any overt liberal nonsense that takes place at your nearby collegees. Believe me, we own that sorry departement here in the Bay Area. I attended on of the more anti-semetic universities during the late 80s - San Francisco State University, during the Gulf War. That was my introduction to rabid liberalism.

message 3: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments And I agree, drop the moral arguments - we don't need to go there. Liberals always try to push into that spectrum. Our nation's morals are already encoded into our laws, so there's no need to argue them and stick to bedrock conservatism: less government involvement in the daily lives of citizens, and freeing up the individual to pursue their own potential. Liberals argue for equality, conservatives argue for liberty. Marx went for equality, our founding fathers chose liberty.

What is campus watch? Do they have a website? I have a friend whose wife is a Russian national, trying to get citizenship in the states. Anyway long story short a professor at UAF laid into her pretty hard because she was conservative, and challenged his point. Suddenly her grades went from "a" to barely passing. Indoctrination at it's finest?

Well our hopes mirror the others, Rusty. Hence the moderator status.

I find it ironic that we have formed our own small "click" and yet we all hated those times. But hey, when the opinions of your enemy group together do you have a choice in the matter, to me it is come together with like minded people, or be swallowed by the tide of delusional liberals. I guess I have chosen survival and a click instead of being eaten alive by hollow LSD induced views of the world around me.

message 7: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments Plan A was to win. Not everyone was for Plan A.

For months I would get in these long, drawn-out arguments over McCain. Right wing friends called him a squish moderate. Said that it was best to let him lose. Let the Democrats take the blame for the next four years, and rebuild the party. I saw a problem with this plan. Obama is a dangerous imbecile, and America does not need a dangerous imbecile right now. What will be left of the country to recover in 2012?

But it looks like we really no longer have much choice. Plan B is a go. I've begun a list of people who need to be removed from anything like a decision making position in the conservative movement. John McCain, anyone who worked for McCain, Elizabeth Dole, Karl Rove, Michael Medved, Peggy Noonan, anyone named Bush. A good indicator would be anyone who tries to blame Palin. The list will grow, I'm sure.

See I actually think there is a core of conservatives, that want to snuff Palin out. From the drop there was a tide of resistance about her in the local republican party papers in Alaska. They are scared shitless of Palin in Washington. Not because she doesn't know the countries in NAFTA but because their shit wont survive if she is there. So I think there is a uniformed effort from Washington insiders to shut her down. Good Luck I think she will e back. MAybe then we can hang Barney Frank from the rafters.

I think her plan is to cut the ME out of our circle anyway. I don't think that will happen in the next 4 years. Truthfully we don't need to produce 100% of our oil. If we increase domestic production by 20% that is 20% of their revenue. They will feel that. And as we switch over to Fuel cells they will really feel the pinch. Sorry I'm being a dreamer again. Obama is in the big seat, an he is surrounding himself with the left of the left. I think I'll just hibernate for a decade or so.

message 10: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Hi All - was gone most of the weekend. There was a question abouit Campus Watch - it can be googled easily enough. It's a good organization but is specifically aimed at monitoring bias in Middle Eastern Studies programs. It's a good start. A more comprehensive program is David Horowitz's Campaign of Academic Freedom, which is centered around the Academick Bill of Rights. It's been very successful and has spawned a sister program for K-12 students at Parents and Students for Academic Freedom. You can check it out at http://www.psaf.org/

Thanks NB.