Christopher Moore discussion

Christopher Moore
This topic is about Christopher Moore
Sacre Bleu

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I noticed Amazon is selling a Kindle version of "The Stupidest Angel" for $3.99 that comes with a preview of Mr. Moore's next book "Sacre Bleu".

message 2: by Culdesaced (new)

Culdesaced | 1 comments You can read the chapters for free at http://www.sacrebleu.info/sacre-bleu-...

message 3: by Prat (new)

Prat (praxter) | 4 comments hey fellow Moore nerdslices,
did you read Sacre Bleu yet? love your comments if you already read it.

message 4: by Aric (new)

Aric | 27 comments I'm reading it now. Buy it for the artwork inside alone.

message 5: by Mouse (new)

Mouse got it on my night stand. it started off good, but i've kind of lost interest at the moment. probably me though. kind of having a tough time getting into any books at the moment.

message 6: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments LOVED Sacre Bleu...It was interesting to compare the 'truth' with the 'fiction' of the story. I like the way he does research and combines it into a crazy story. For me the book was an excellent combination of science fiction, mystery and art history. Next on my list is Dirty Job

message 7: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (MissRyoko) | 14 comments It wasn't my favorite Moore book :-( I generally liked the idea and enjoyed the story (and I LOVED Lucien and Henrie) but I was disappointed it wasn't as amazing as his last few releases were :-( But, I still enjoyed it, it just wasn't as great as I was expecting it to be.

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian | 3 comments I love all the Author Guys books so I set the bar high for this one. I was disappointed. I guess it was too much to hope for to be near as good as A Dirty Job and Lamb.

Maybe the next one.

message 9: by Nadine (new)

Nadine I have to agree with some of the comments. It started off good but lost me. I was disappointed. There was a little too much going back and forth in time, and the point of doing so didn't happen fast enough for me.

Love this author generally.

message 10: by Deale (new)

Deale Hutton | 15 comments Just finished Dirty Job. LOVED IT!!! But, liked Sacre Bleu better -- probably because of the artist thing. He is amazing, must say. Agree with Eric on the artwork too.

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Spryszak (HelloKello) | 5 comments I was hoping for it to be more "Moore-ish", you know..comedically raunchy, but even though it lacked in hysterics, it was well written, and he "painted" his characters in his usual style. Pun intended.

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Spryszak (HelloKello) | 5 comments ps..for people new to Moore, I highly suggest starting from his first book and working down the list. He uses character tie-ins throughout most if his books. my favorite though, aside from the Bloodsucking Fiends "series" is Lust Lizard. island of the Sequined Love Nun is not to be missed, either.

unread topics | mark unread