Barbara Delinsky Reading Group and Q&A discussion

1 view
knitting

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Vicki | 4 comments I loved the element of the 'knitting store.' I'm ready to get out my needles and books since reading your book. I love the 'knitting family.' You mention some sophisticated 'patterns.' I hate to ask the obvious are you a knitter with a knitting family?

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Barbara (barbaradelinsky) | 33 comments Mod
I am! Dana's knitting background in FAMILY TREE is very similar to mine. My mother died when I was young, but she was a knitter. I taught myself to knit after she died and have been an avid knitter since. To this day, when I knit, I feel a connection to her.

As for my 'knitting family' in the broader sense, yes, I have one. I meet with a group every Thursday night. We each bring our own projects and often inspire each other knitting-wise, but we also talk about other things, like local restaurants or new movies or even -- yikes -- politics! The two hours each week that I spend with these women are moments out of time for me. Although the knitting store and the knitters in FAMILY TREE are different physically from my own, the emotional connection is the same.