Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Britain Facing Sperm Shortage

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Step up to the cup, people. Our cousins across the sea need our help.

Maybe celebrities can get together for a "live-aid" type, uh, fundraiser.

(Insert a different type of "raiser" joke here)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27683226/...

shellyindallas “In the countries that have removed anonymity ... there seems to be a problem,” he said.

Hmmmmm. I wonder why?

message 3: by Gåry! (last edited Nov 12, 2008 05:43PM) (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) Yeah, not too sure about removing anonymity... seems like in this situation, I'm not donating because I want to have kids, I'm donating*:
a) because I need the money
b) I want to altruistically provide someone else the happiness of child-bearing
c) I have an overabundance of sperm
d) some other reason I haven't thought of yet, but reserve the right to write in later

*in no particular order

message 4: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments My ex donated sperm to a lesbian couple we know. And the whole thing was done at their house with him making a fresh donation and them using a syringe to insert right after. It took several tries to finally "take." In the beginning, when he and I were still together a couple years ago, I "helped" with the extraction. It was funny. We'd say, "Ready to go make a lesbian baby?"

:)

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) "Helping Britain" is now my new euphemism for masturbation. It's not my fault if they never come around to collect my donation.

message 6: by Sarah (last edited Nov 12, 2008 07:38PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm guessing the men are worried that one day a kid will come knocking on their door, saying "Daddy?"

I can sort of understand a couple wanting to know where the sperm was coming from, though. Maybe anonymity should be an option, and then couples could choose not to use sperm from an anonymous donor?

I had a friend and his partner ask me to donate my egg and/or carry their child. I had to turn him down for many reasons. It was the right decision for me, but it was really, really hard to disappoint them. It's more difficult for male couples who want a child. They can't use an anonymous womb.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments "Helping Britain" is now my new euphemism for masturbation. It's not my fault if they never come around to collect my donation.

Heh...well done, sir.

Sarah, I think it would be harder if you knew the people, right?

My wife volunteered to carry the child of a couple who was having a hard time conceive. The woman in the couple was one of her best friends. I was ok with it in theory but the woman got pregnant so the conversation didn't get very far.

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 5 comments Its funny I live in Britain and I must have missed this story lol

Books Ring Mah Bell I'd do the surrogate thing because I loved being pregnant... oh wait. I gotta pass the kid off?
Not sure I could do that... It would have to be a very close friend...

Heh. Helping Britain.

hee.

message 10: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments Good one!

Restoring the Empire...

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Saving the Queen...

Books Ring Mah Bell Being Knighted?

message 13: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Union Jacking?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Some one more cryptic than me has to come up with something about Big Ben.

message 15: by David (new)

David Katzman (daviddavid) Topping off the morning, to yah.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.