Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Sub-shelves??

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauri (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Lauri Hello...I would love, love, love to have the ability to organize some shelves under others. Example: I don't want to have a Great Depression shelf separate from my American History shelf. What I really want is to be able to put "sub shelf" of Great Depression within my American History shelf.

Also, when I add a new book, and the little pop-up comes up asking me to assign a shelf, date read, etc. -- it's a pain to have to scroll all the way down past the long review text box to save. Any chance of putting a save button up at the top, too?

message 2: by Liz M (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Liz M | 243 comments Lauri,

If you are only using the pop-up box to assign shelves, you don't have to hit save. Once you click on the shelves & the correct shelf names appear next to the drop down box you can move on. If you are adding date read or comments about the book, then you do need to save.

Instead of a save button at the top, can the comments box be much shorter with a scroll bar of it's own? I am lazy and would prefer to not have to scroll down for the "remove book" button when trying to get rid of my frequently occurring duplicates.

message 3: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Thanks for the feedback! We agree its a pain to scroll, so we've made two changes, which will launch tonight:

1. added a 'save' button at the top
2. shortened up the the review field so you don't have to scroll so much.

Sub-shelves are a cool idea, but I don't think we'll get to them too soon.