What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > children's book, two boys best friends, mystery [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments My memory of this book is VERY vague. It was a children's book....maybe like lower elementary level. short chapters. The illustrations looked a lot like James Stevenson, but none of his work seemed like the book i remember. The storyline was about two boys. One of them was definitely blonde, or maybe just blonde in my mind. I feel like maybe one moved nextdoor to the other? Anyway they end up being friends and playing some kind of "king of the world" game....or maybe the blonde boy just called himself that. I feel like his name started with an E. They might have been friends with a girl as well, but i really don't remember. There is some mystery with the house nextdoor. I feel like they maybe break into it at some point...i know they go up in the attic. There is also something to do with a parrot...or maybe the mystery ends up being a parrot.

Sorry this is so vague! Anything helps.

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments Could it be The Boy Next Door, by Enid Blyton? I don't recall there being a parrot in that though...

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments that's not it, i looked at the description online. I'm pretty sure it was written in the late 80s/early 90s.
But thank you!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments found it!Ghost Trap

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks Emily.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ghost Trap (other topics)