Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It discussion

Read & Rate It > Who's in the lead for friend invites? Update us here !

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (last edited Nov 20, 2008 03:45PM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 278 comments Mod
Keep us posted here! Remember, you have until midnight December 25th, MST to invite as many friends as you can to go to http://www.SecretSpeakers.com so they can rate the book!

Send me your tally by January 1, 2009. (Just send me a message on my profile page). I'll post the the first, second and third place winners just before Secret Speakers is released, Spring 2009.

I simply expect you to be diligent in keeping track of how many people you invite. (The fridge or next to your computer is a good place.) We'll just have to do this on the honor system. We all need to trust each other that we're as good as our word. Deal?

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I'm about to invite all my friends, which will be about 200.

message 3: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) =( I only had 73.

message 4: by Karey (last edited Nov 12, 2008 11:17AM) (new)

That's great, Kylee! Remember, you have til midnight December 25th MST. What about people you know at school, neighborhood, etc? Just keep your tally on the fridge or next to your computer and come January 1, you can send me the final count.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vikkitori22) | 2 comments you just email them or tell them where to go?
im a little confused!

message 6: by Karey (last edited Nov 12, 2008 11:17AM) (new)

On the thread that describes the "rules" it says, "Just paste the URL of our groups' main page into your invites to email friends, or, you can click "invite" on the right side of this screen to invite friends here at Goodreads. Use your imagination."

Hope that helps! Thanks for asking Victoria. If you have any more questions please let me know. Feel free to send me a personal message.

message 7: by Karey (new)

It's been a whole day and everyone stopped posting their tally's. Boo hoo.

message 8: by Karey (new)

Way to go, Icepool-Lavon-Glitter girl!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Okays, I have told 269 people so far.

message 10: by Karey (new)

Wow! Make sure you're sending them to http://www.SecretSpeakers.com or I won't have a way to send them the bookster!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments ((Okay I am!))

message 12: by Karey (new)

That's wonderful.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments The total is at 382 right now!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I invited some on MyYearbook... soo... I have 32 friends... my total is... 414! Wow we're close Aspen!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Haha thanks! I'm already as clutzy as Bella though.

Isn't that Mew Zakuro?

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Poppet lolz.

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 4 comments I just invited 84 people. Plus the few I sent emails to. I'm at 87 now. :D

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments My total now is... 422.

message 19: by Duckiie (new)

Duckiie | 8 comments WOOOOWW!!! i dont even know 100 ppl XD

message 20: by Duckiie (last edited Dec 03, 2008 07:44PM) (new)

Duckiie | 8 comments WHAAAA!!! I SEE MEW MEW POWER!!! >.<

message 21: by Karey (new)

You guys are amazing!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I invited my YouTube friends, and my teachers, and my friends on Flickster and MyYearbook... that is... 517 people! Sorry I have OCD, I am like really exact...

message 23: by Karey (new)

What I can't figure out is why no one is commenting on the facebook page. It's really lonely over there!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Wows... Well maybe more people are involved here!

message 25: by Tera (new)

Tera I think most people are goodreads people and facebook doesn't really lend itself to discussions in my opinion. Its more just a way to keep in contact with people but not really a place to discuss books for me.
I've been inviting like made Ill have to tally up my numbers for you soon.

message 26: by Karey (new)

Great, Tera!

Your comment about facebook makes sense. I'm hardly ever there myself, except to stay in touch with people through messages. At that, it's maybe a couple times a week.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I'm rarely on.

message 28: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments I'm up to a little over 600! I am trying to get more people from work to sign up. I work for the government so I can't exactly send out mass e-mails on their systems, but I stil plan on getting more people. I've done facebook and myspace and co-workers, plus I'm a part of SEVERAL book clubs that I haven't tapped into yet (or at least all of them) and sent out requests! I also am a part of two different book sites, so I am going to let my friends on there know too. I am still working!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I invited my librarian! 517 people so far.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments And another 111 people, so thats... 628.

message 31: by Karey (new)

I think I'm choking. Every time I go to my email inbox, there is a list of new names from people who've signed up. I had no idea...you're all so incredible.

message 32: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (last edited Dec 08, 2008 03:23PM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Je vous en prie!
That's french for your welcome!

message 33: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 26 comments I am glad it's working Karey! I've been trying to get as many people as possible! =)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I am now at 660 people invited!

message 35: by Novin (new)

Novin | 7 comments I invited everyone I knew on goodreads & my messenger list...but that's not much =( around 80 on yahoo...

message 36: by Novin (new)

Novin | 7 comments and 100 on goodreads, I'm gonna post it on my goodreads groups too :)

message 37: by Karey (new)

Thanks, Novin. The more ratings I have to go on, the better sense I'll get for how people like or don't like the Secret Speakers.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I really like it! There's alot of fantasy right now. It seems this century is getting addicted to reading! :D

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments I invited from Flixster and YouTube, so that's... 694!

message 40: by Karey (new)

Are you all being sure to send them to http://www.SecretSpeakers.com?

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Me too!
She said to send it to her Goodreads inbox.

message 42: by Karey (new)

It's amazing what happens with just a thought--an idea + a few written words + wonderful people! It's adding up to something that's doing pretty well. I thought I was foolish to be giving away my entire manuscript after working on it for so many years, but it's turning out alright. Thanks everyone.