Totally Joe (The Misfits, #2) Totally Joe discussion

Do you think that this was a really good project to assign?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Channell2012 I believe it was a good project. My eighth grade teacher actually assigned it to us, and I enjoyed doing it a lot.

Deb I love the project idea and will probably adapt it at some time for my sixth graders.

message 3: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa I did this assignment with my eighth graders and most of them loved it. Our entry lengths were shorter the idea was still the same.

Catherine I think it's a great assignment -- I am currently working with my 9th graders on a similar project (they won't do the whole alphabet, but will choose about 8-10 letters).

Deb Catherine wrote: "I think it's a great assignment -- I am currently working with my 9th graders on a similar project (they won't do the whole alphabet, but will choose about 8-10 letters)."
I haven't tried it yet --- I knew it wouldn't work with my kids this year.

message 6: by Melissa (last edited Apr 14, 2010 02:36PM) (new) - added it

Melissa Deb, why don't you think it will work? Some of my least enthusiastic writers enjoy working on this.

Also, I like the idea of the whole alphabet because it makes it a bit of a challenge. The students really get creative and sometimes philosophical for letters like q, x and z.

I wrote one along with my students last year and they love reading mine.

Deb Melissa wrote: "Deb, why don't you think it will work? Some of my least enthusiastic writers enjoy working on this.

Also, I like the idea of the whole alphabet because it makes it a bit of a challenge. The st..."

We had a pretty set syllabus this year, and it didn't fit well into that.

Maddy Yeah, it seemed really neat. It would have made an interesting assignment for Creative Writing class. :)

spooper nana the ending was bad though