Lilian Jackson Braun - The Cat Who series discussion

Aha, Others are into The Cat Who also...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Red (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Red Evans | 1 comments I was just surfing good reads and stumbled onto this new group. I have read virtually all of the cat who books - I'm reduced to "reading" audio books. In terms of rating them, I would give them all at least three stars, and the rest five.
The last one I read, I had the feeling LJB was on the verge of finding a new girl friend for Qwill, or that Polly was going to dump him.

Good group to start.

Red Evans author On Ice (Order Amazon)

message 2: by Doug (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Doug | 3 comments Mod
Red,

Thank you - I just have three more to go - I think Polly will always be there for Qwill, but there have been some difficulties. However,that is true of any relationship. I hope you can get the rest of her audio books. I know my library has stopped getting her audio books with the newer novels. Doug

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (ldtchr) | 2 comments Love this series!! I think I have gotten behind though. I'm probably anywhere from one to three behind I would suspect and I think I missed the one where Polly went to Paris. What was the latest one?

message 4: by Doug (new)

Doug | 3 comments Mod
Hi,

And welcome to the group. The latest is "The Cat Who Smelled Smoke", which is due out this month. The previous one (Jan. 2007) was "The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers".

I am also a couple behind, though mine are from the late 1990's. I am not sure which one is the one where Polly goes to Paris - though, I do remember it happening.

Doug

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (ldtchr) | 2 comments Thanks! I am definitely a few behind! And Polly is going to dump Qwill? What is happening - I certainly need to catch up...

message 6: by Doug (new)

Doug | 3 comments Mod
Don't worry, Polly doesn't dump Qwill for long. Doug

message 7: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy | 1 comments Hey everyone!
I am really new to the Cat Who series. I found the audio books at my library and decided to give it a shot. I started with #1 and loved it!! I am currently half way done with #2 ... Ate Danish Modern. I am glad to find this group of fans!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (mozartkitty) Hi all,
I am sooooo excited that I found this group. I love cats and love the cat who mystery books. Now I've only read 2 or 3 of the books and it was a long while ago, so I will probably need to start over. I do remember absolutely LOVING it though.

message 9: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (countrygarden) | 1 comments Yay, I was hoping to find those who love her books! I just read "the cat who had 60 whiskers" and was so sad to see Polly go and it really made me wonder too. How is the other cat book series, rita mae brown. I haven't tried them yet. I love George Guidell reading the audiobooks.

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula Ratcliffe (paulacbs) I've gone back and started at the beginning I had read them early on but lost where I was so I started at the beginning and I still think they are great. I know some people who've read the rita mae cat books didn't like it as much as L.J.B's cats

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresawilliams) | 3 comments thank you for the update and the one that comes out when is it due out Ive read all the others

message 12: by Violet (new)

Violet I have read all of these books and I am in love with them. I'm so sad tht LJB wasn't able to keep the series going /:

message 13: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresawilliams) | 3 comments thank you me too Ive also read some rita mae books they arent as interesting