Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > November newsletter--Facebook app

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by elissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

elissa (LibrarianElissa) | 12 comments OK, I saw the Facebook thing in the newsletter. I'm on Facebook, so thought it looked like adding the goodreads app would be a fun thing to do. Well, I tried it, and now I have TWO goodreads accounts, and the one that Facebook created for me has no books! Is there a way to merge two accounts?? Help!!

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments I also applied the Facebook widget and experiencing problems. Facebook shows that I have 0 books, yet if I hit edit the page takes me to my good reads which shows all of my books. Why does my Facebook goodreads show nothing? How can I easily fix this?

message 3: by elissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

elissa (LibrarianElissa) | 12 comments Thanks for posting, too, Rebecca. I'm thinking of just deleting the goodreads app from my Facebook acct for now, and adding again later when the kinks are worked out!

message 4: by elissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

elissa (LibrarianElissa) | 12 comments OK, now I'm answering myself. I found in the "settings" part of goodreads on Facebook that I can switch to a different account. Now I just need to get rid of the one that was created when I originally added the goodreads application to my Facebook account.

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments Hmmm ... Facebook still claims I have zero books. :(

message 6: by Heba (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Heba (Hebzi) Dear Rebecca,
You just have to go to the setting section as Elissa said and enter your user name and your password and it will work..
if you need more help just ask ;)

message 7: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Yes, you can change accounts in the 'settings' part of Facebook. Additionally, if your other account created on the Facebook app still has an autogenerated email address for a login, it will be merged into the new account and deleted.