The Reincarnationist (Reincarnationist #1) The Reincarnationist discussion

The Reincarnationist

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wnevitsky It starts out okay, but at the end I'm left with questions -- not about reincarnation.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

this book loaded on question and left me unsatisfied

Dhfan4life Wnevitsky wrote: "It starts out okay, but at the end I'm left with questions -- not about reincarnation."

I agree it was clever in parts. But wound up having some questions popping up left and right.

Patrice Hoffman I agree about there being questions. This book seems like it's missing some things towards the end. I loved the premise but the execution just did nothing for me.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee I liked it up until the ending...and then WTF...did Josh survive...what about Malachi - my friend and I are reading the series, so we are doing the second one in april - but normally an ending like that and I wouldn't continue - i'd be too fustrated

Dhfan4life Unfortunately we still don't really know about Josh Dee. But Malachi does survive. I'm up to book 4 myself. Will get on that after my vacation coming up. But to say the least, Malachi is touched by an angel or something. He keeps slipping through the cracks and it's starting to really tick me off.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I loved the premise of the book, which is why I picked it up to begin with, but I was also left with many unanswered questions about the characters. I really dislike how she leaves the characters at the end of the books in this series. I love details and facts and knowing why and I just never seem to get enough answers from her work.

Dhfan4life I second that Amy. I have never read an author this unfinished. I was most intrigued by her 4th book. And will still read it. But not sure I will get into her 5th. I need so much closure and it doesn't seem to be happening. Save for somewhat with the "bad" guy in the story. And even his behind is so oily he is slipping through the cracks more and more.

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I can't help hoping that in the final book, she'll really give these characters good endings, or at least glimpses into their future lives...I doubt she'll do that though :/

Dhfan4life Undoubtedly. Still think she is leaning towards only giving Malachai closure as he is the only one thus far that doesn't seem to have a past life. Which I have my theories about that. But still, why just him?

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee ok, so I started reading the Memorist last night - and in chapter 4, there might be a hint of what happened to Josh - when she writes about (view spoiler)

Dhfan4life I think there was someone else that was killed too in the first book. I think another person at the site or something.

message 13: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee there were the guard at the site, and then the professor - I don't remember any others...but I don't have the copy anymore since I got it from the library

Dhfan4life Same here Dee. But I know there is at least 2 or 3 people that get killed or injured in her books to say the least.