in da (book) club discussion

Holiday Book Club

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:49AM) (new)

Monica | 7 comments Mod
Since I ruined our last book club meeting with my sickness, I thought I'd get the ball rolling. I'd like to host a holiday book club at my apartment. (Pam, you better bring your peanut butter balls;)

So, let's throw some dates out there. Is everyone still okay discussing Oscar Wao?

I am also in the middle of Revolutionary Road and really like it. Anyone have interested in discussing 2 books?

Throw out your "good" dates in December, and let's book it!

message 2: by Lara (new)

Lara (minchkla) | 5 comments Sounds good to me, Mon - I am pretty free in December starting on the 8th, so I will let everyone else suggest specific dates after that.

message 3: by liron (new)

liron | 7 comments awesome, thanks monica.. i am pretty free in december too.. should we shoot for the week of the 8th then?

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 9 comments Thanks Monica! All... save the date for b'day drinks for me on December 2nd at Barrow Street Ale House (my actual bday is the 29th)

I'm free the first 2 weeks in December... then the week of the 15th, i have 2 concerts, and 2 holiday parties.

Books: i would love to discuss 2 books. Anyone have an interest in reading some Cormac Mccarthy? i was going to get into either the trilogy or start the Road.

thoughts?

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (sararose) | 9 comments hey guys.

i have finals during the first 2 weeks of december, with my last one on december 17th. so i'm basically free anytime after the 17th.

it might be wise to push the bookclub till january at that point, based on everyone's holiday schedules... but up to you guys.

s