Page to Stage discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) | 91 comments Mod
Welcome! Please use this forum to discuss novels and their stage versions, but not works that were originally plays.

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Meghan | 17 comments Mod
YAY! I'm so glad you started this. I can't wait to get started.

message 3: by Alison (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Alison You people all look very familiar. I am going to see Hairspray this weekend. I guess that would be screen to stage to screen?

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

LOL, Alison, probably. Have you seen it before? It's a lot of fun, and much better than both movie versions, although the choreography in the new movie is better.

message 5: by Alison (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Alison I have not seen it before, so I am very excited. I have not seen either movie, so I am coming into this with no expectations.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Jennifer Zimny (jen_the_librarian) | 2 comments Oooo! Fun! I just wish I had more time to actually be able to read all of these! I've read a bunch before, and I'm right now reading The Woman in White. Funny!

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Jennifer Zimny (jen_the_librarian) | 2 comments I was inspired last night to pick up The Woman in White again. . .I haven't had time to touch it much since I got back from Europe, which is where I mostly read it. I loved how I felt like I could just jump back into it! Totally enjoying it! :-)

message 8: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Erica Poole | 4 comments Can we bring the Wicked discussion in here? I saw the musical after being in love with the book. I have to say I was disappointed, very watered down and prettied up.

But then I read the playbill, in which it was stated that Mr.Maguire decided that he wanted the musical to be more family friendly and appeal to kids as well, so he purposefully edited out most of the darker aspects. I was disappointed to hear that, but I do feel that I still would have enjoyed the musical a lot more if I had known that coming in! Kinda like reaching for a glass of sprite, and sipping water instead, I like both, but when you expect one and get the other, you are bothered!

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Sure! You guys can feel free to start topics of any novel/play you want to discuss! Even if you haven't seen both versions, it's OK to start a discussion. It might be fun to hear what different people think of each work based on their own expectations.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 4 comments Hi everyone, I'm Rachel, and my favorite musicals that were adapted from a book are Les Miserables, and Rebecca.