Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 34 comments Christmas is going to be here before we know it! Are you ready? What are your family traditions???

message 2: by Donita (new)

Donita (DonitaKPaul) | 14 comments Shepherds' stew on Christmas Eve.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (AmandaStephan) | 140 comments I'm thinking a recipe may be needed here, Donita!
My family tradition ~ I stay in bed for as long as possible while the hubby and kids try to pester me out of it! :) And, no bad moods or attitudes are allowed on Christmas ~> that's my personal favorite.

message 4: by Lady Day (last edited Dec 10, 2011 01:15AM) (new)

Lady Day (LadyDay) Fireworks on Christmas eve at midnight! Sometimes it is a pitiful sight because we usually purchase them in preparation for Independence Day and of course, some of them are less than explosive by the time we use them on Christmas eve, but that's the fun of it all. We sip on hot cocoa, coffee or tea while sitting in comfy bean bags on the terrace as we wait for the spectacular show. Ouuing and ahhhing when the magnificent colors flash across the night sky. On the flip side of things, we crack up when they're duds.. squirting and fizzling about without much fire or cracker...lol! It's pretty awesome even when the show is less than spectacular bcuz family and friends are all together sharing the moment.

message 5: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 34 comments Lady Day wrote: "Fireworks on Christmas eve at midnight! Sometimes it is a pitiful sight because we usually purchase them in preparation for Independence Day and of course, some of them are less than explosive by t..."

How fun! Never thought to do that on Christmas Eve! :)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (AmandaStephan) | 140 comments Lady Day wrote: "Fireworks on Christmas eve at midnight! Sometimes it is a pitiful sight because we usually purchase them in preparation for Independence Day and of course, some of them are less than explosive by t..."

I agree with Jocelyn ~ I've never thought of doing that on Christmas either. Perhaps we'll use our July leftovers for Christmas instead of New Year. Thanks for the thought, Lady Day!

message 7: by Lady Day (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:35PM) (new)

Lady Day (LadyDay) @Jocelyn & Amanda.....glad I had an opportunity to share our Christmas eve tradition with you all. I pray you're able to implement this idea into your Christmas eve festivities. You'll enjoy it (:

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (barbaragordon03) | 12 comments I've started a new tradition on my blog, 12 Days of Christmas giveaway. You won't find any Lords of Leaping but on Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway, you will find an interview and book giveaway from Love Inspired author Gail Gaymer Martin. http://ouradvocate.wordpress.com/2011...
Once you're there comment on Day One's post for a chance to win a book from Loree Lough.

Merry Christmas,
Heather

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (MargaretDaley) | 7 comments I love the idea of fireworks on Christmas Eve.

Margaret

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (barbaragordon03) | 12 comments Every Christmas Eve we attend Church service and watch "It's a Wonderful Life." When Pope John Paul was alive my mom and I always watched Mass from Rome at midnight even though we're not Catholic.

Take care,
Heather
12 Days of Christmas giveaway happening now on my blog http://ouradvocate.wordpress.com

unread topics | mark unread