Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > Recent zombie purchases?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it appropriate to spend my money from a one-off teaching gig Halloween night about Jewish monsters on a book of Jewish folklore, but ALSO the book Natalie is always stumping for: _Every Sigh, the End_. I paid full price at Amazon.com, supporting the writers of flesh-eating frights.

Tell us what you've bought zombie-related lately.

message 2: by J (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

J Littleton | 2 comments I recently purchased "The Walking Dead: Vol. 2" I'm up to date on the single issues, but need to catch up on my trades.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm very happy you recommended it, Natalie. A lot of zombie stuff is garbage, so it'll be cool to see something that takes some risks, like MONDO ZOMBIE!!! Yay, short story anthology MONDO ZOMBIE!

Mondo.

Zombie.

And I can't be a shill because I don't benefit from the book and know nothing of its sinister, rotten origins.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I borrowed my copy from the local library. May I suggest the illustrious Interlibrary Loan for your future zombified needs?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ummm, yeah. You need to come to KANSAS CITY metro area, yo. We have NATIONAL Interlibrary Loan. PSHAW.

message 6: by Trevor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) | 40 comments Interlibrary loan is my wallet's saving grace -- it's where my Permuted Press books are coming from...excepy the three of 'em on my Amazon wish list (Every Sigh, The End; Undead: Flesh Feast)
[link:http://www.permutedpress.com]

I recently bought Walking Dead vol. 7, and received great zombie stuff for my birthday a few weeks ago from [link:http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=...]
=)

message 7: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 15 comments My recent purchase is a twist on the zombie genre--the graphic novel Wormwood. The main character is a tiny worm that animates a corpse and fights crime. The zombie is actually the good guy! I couldn't resist and am excited to read it.

message 8: by Jennie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Jennie (Jennie_Milojevic) | 1 comments Every Sigh the End! And then Walking Dead collection vol. 7 The Calm Before.

I work at a library in Illinois and I get Permuted titles as often as I can...and we send books out of state! (Our Interlibrary Loan system rocks!)

message 9: by J (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

J Littleton | 2 comments Wormwood is a very fantastic comic. I really enjoy it, it's got such dark dry humor!

message 10: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments I just got the Call of Cthulhu xbox game for my birthday :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh please o please tell me how the Cthulhu game is! I bought a 360 a couple of months ago.

message 12: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:55PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments @Christen

Very cool.

message 13: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments stupid grad school...I haven't had the chance to play it yet. It sits on my shelf mocking me while I write dumb papers. Man it looks so cool though. As soon as I turn in the five papers I have due on Dec. 7th, I swear I'm going to start playing it! That way you will know whether you want Santa to bring it for you :D

message 14: by Dr. Evil (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments I recently purchased the zombie survival guide at the bookstore near me. its now,my favorite book. it has great facts for the destruction of undead.

message 15: by Jude Felton (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Jude Felton | 2 comments I have to admit that I am very lucky when it comes to Permuted Press as I get a lot of their books sent to me free.

Recent(ish) purchases though would be 28 Days Later: The Aftermath (not zombies I know), Zombies: Feast and Zombies: Eclipse of the Undead.

Am hoping to complete my Walking Dead Trade copies soon. I have the first three, and the subsequent individual issues, but would like to complete the collection.

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (imstoic) | 8 comments This is Zombie, but not literary related.

http://www.seibei.com/shop/intramural...

I just got two Intramural Zombie Hunting League Ts. They are carbon copies but one is "clean" and the other is "medium gore". I wear the clean one around and then put on the gory one and revisit the same places.