Beyond Reality discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General SF&F discussion > What are you reading in December 2011?

Comments (showing 51-65 of 65) (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Shel (new)

Shel (shel99) | 1356 comments I raced through Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and loved it. Now I'm reading Little Bee for an offline book club.

message 52: by Kathi (last edited Dec 20, 2011 08:05AM) (new)

Kathi | 2060 comments More than halfway through the last book in the Dalemark Quartet. Also read 2 magazines...

I'm taking City of Bones with me when I leave tomorrow to spend 2 weeks with family. I'm getting Bending the Boyne: A novel of ancient Ireland for Christmas, so I'll also have that to read. I never have as much time to read as I think I'm going to, but I'll probably pick out one more book to pack, and I'll have my iPad with some books on there if I run out of other things.

message 53: by Helen (new)

Helen | 1072 comments Enjoy your holiday Kathi.

message 54: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (Gossamerchild) I'm reading a bunch of random things, from MetaMaus: A Look Inside a Modern Classic, Maus to Habibi and Charles Dickens: A Life. Also reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War for a friend's book group, and I'm enjoying that much more than I thought I would.

message 55: by Carly (new)

Carly Svamvour (FaganLady) | 33 comments Just finished listening to The Time Machine - Wells

Also reading The House of the Spirits - Allende - oh, man that one blows me away. I'm also watching the movie, part by part, at You Tube.

message 56: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 372 comments I just got 1Q84 from amazon, can't wait to start reading it.

message 57: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1237 comments Kathi wrote: "I never have as much time to read as I think I'm going to, but I'll probably pick out one more book to pack,"

I do that all the time. Everytime I go somewhere I take two or three books. I never ever read them but I figure just in case

message 58: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
I just started reading Faith by John Love, and about 50 pages in it's really excellent.

message 59: by Christine (new)

Christine | 442 comments I got some non SciFi/Fantasy books from the labrary so am now reading Zero Day

message 60: by Bookbrow (new)

Bookbrow | 93 comments Shel wrote: "I finished The Diamond Age: Or, a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer last night - gave it four stars. I had a hard time getting into it at the beginning, and didn't love the ending, but wa..."

Wow I completely concur with your assessment of The Diamond Age. Still glad I stuck with it.

message 61: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1237 comments Finished The Company. Pretty good read. It wasn't perfect but pretty interesting

Started Daylight on Iron Mountain
Book 2 of the revised Chung Kuo series. Ordered from the UK. I noticed a couple of weeks ago its available in Canada.

message 62: by Kevin (last edited Dec 29, 2011 04:15PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 372 comments Finsihing up with The Rise of Endymion as the last novel of the year.

message 63: by Christine (new)

Christine | 442 comments Finished Zero Day which I really enjoyed; it reminds me of Lee Child's Jack Reacher stories. Now on to World's End and The Summer Queen

message 64: by Shel (new)

Shel (shel99) | 1356 comments I *LOVE* The Rise of Endymion. I can't tell you how many times I've read it and it still makes me cry :)

I couldn't get into Little Bee, so I put it down and picked up CryoBurn, which I finished this morning. Loved it, as expected!

I can't decide what's next - too many good choices. But I'm not letting myself start another novel until I finish grading the quizzes I have to get done by the time school starts up again next week. In the meantime I've got some short stories to read, in the anthology Interfictions: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing.

message 65: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (JennyC89) | 127 comments I'm happy to report that December brought me out of my reading slump! I'm currently listening to Dead as a Doornail on audio and I'm reading The Bleeding Season and Planet of the Damned.

« previous 1 2 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Between the Assassinations (other topics)
Bitten (other topics)
The Iron Jackal (other topics)
Magic Bites (other topics)
The Cold Commands (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Aravind Adiga (other topics)
Warren Ellis (other topics)
Max Brooks (other topics)
Daniel H. Wilson (other topics)
Vernor Vinge (other topics)
More...