Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Books by Title/Title=topic name > _The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream_ by Barack Obama

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Nov 06, 2008 06:02AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments From Goodreads book description of _The Audacity of Hope_:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Obama ... shares personal views on faith and values and offers a vision of the future that involves repairing a "political process that is broken" and restoring a government that has fallen out of touch with the people."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a link to the book:
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy | 25 comments I was thinking of reading this. Is it good?

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Nov 06, 2008 06:02AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Hi Andy,
I haven't read this book yet. It's on my to-read list. I did read Obama's other book, _Dreams from My Father_. Here is a link to that book.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

I found Obama to be a very articulate and elegant writer.

Please let us know if you read any of Obama's books. Tell us what you think of them.

message 4: by Theo (new)

Theo (stoneboy17) | 3 comments As the President Elect, now is a wonderful time to read Obama's The Audacity Of Hope. Where Dreams From My Father speaks more biographically, Audacity of Hope uses Obama's history to explain his ideals and political and social perspectives. I found Audacity of Hope to provide the most clear picture of his views and how they fit into a sound "big picture" for America. It is understandable after reading this book, how easily he could inspire Americans to believe "Yes WE Can!"

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Thanks, Stoneboy, for reminding me that I really *must* read _The Audacity of Hope_. I'm sure it must be an inspiring book because Obama is an inspiring guy and his writing style is so elegant and articulate. I keep wanting to call him "Barack". I think that fact is a measure of how well he has presented himself as a man of the people.

Now it'll be interesting to see which people he chooses to be part of his cabinet and his staff. I trust him to make good choices. We'll see.