Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Welcome > Welcome :)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:28PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) | 75 comments I thought since Jodi Picoult is a famous author and many people love to read her books, I thought I would start a group where we can discuss her books. I specifically picked Jodi Picoult because she writes books that bring up morally debative issues and are very emotional.Something we can definitely have a long discussion about. Enjoy.

message 2: by Doug (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Doug | 4 comments Ashley,

Thank you for starting this group!

I loved "My sister's Keeper"! Jodi Picoult writes so well! I have enjoyed all the books of hers that I have read - each is quite different from the other. I think the toughest one I read was "The Tenth Circle" but perhaps that has to do with having a 15 year-old daughter. The next toughest was "Nineteen Minutes" - while I was reading it the shootings at Virginia Tech took place. I have also read "Keeping Faith" and "Vanishing Acts". Which of Jodi's novels have you read? :)Doug

P.S. If you could put a picture of one of her books as the logo it would be great - you can do that under edit group profile. Just copy a picture from the Internet and paste it in.

message 3: by Angela (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Angela I have read every book by Jodi Picoult and she is one of my favorite authors.

message 4: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Kimberly Angela...what did you think of the Tenth Circle? My Sister's Keeper was gripping for me, but Plain Truth may be my favorite.

message 5: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) | 75 comments You guys are more than welcome to start a seperate discussion about The Tenth Circle. I have yet to read that.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments Hello, hello, hello! I love Jodi Piccoult! A Teacher recomended 'My Sisters's Keeper' to me, and since I have read PLain truth and 19 minutes. I have The Tenth Circle and Songs of the Humpback Whale in my possession, and I just love love love her style of writing. From the very first chapter, I am captivated.

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) I'm new to the group but not to Goodreads. I love Jodi Picoult's books. I've read My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Plain Truth, Songs of a Humpback Whale, The Tenth Circle and Nineteen Minutes. The only one I can say I really didn't care for is Songs of a Humpback Whale. But all her other books I've loved.

message 8: by Leena (new)

Leena Almashat | 59 comments I really love her!!! she can play with my emotions!!! i've read my sister's keeper! it awsome!! i also reads the pact.. i think it's also wonderful but it ,a little bit, duznt make sence. salem falls was the last one i read 4 her!!! i think its another fantastic one!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

i have only read my sister's keeper, plain truth, and the tenth circle. and they've all been mae into movies!, though my sister's keeper is in the process.

message 10: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 4 comments Hi, I'm new to the group and new to Jodi Picoult. My mom adores her so I decided to give her a try. I have two of her books on my bookshelf to read, Second Glance and Plain Truth. What should I read first?

message 11: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (roxy_nj) | 8 comments Hi, Dylan.
I haven't read SG but have read PT. It was good. Keeps you guessing.

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 4 comments Thanks Roxy. :D

message 13: by Kathy (last edited Nov 20, 2008 10:24AM) (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Dylan, I would have to vote for Second Glance. It was my first of Jodi's books so I might be a bit biased. It has ghosts and everything, maybe thats what first caught my attention about it. She even spent some time with the SciFi Channels "Ghost Hunters" to research for this book. Definitely worth a read!

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen Hi all, I'm new to this group. Discovered JP books rather late but have recently read The Pact and My Sisters Keeper and really enjoyed them, particuarly MSK. Have just finished reading Harvesting the Heart and loved it. I have several of her others now on my TBR list and am looking forward to working my way through them.

message 15: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 4 comments Thanks Kathy! I'll try to start it soon. :D