Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Three of Harris' favorite books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Here are three of her favorite books, has anyone read any of these?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-revi...

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) I haven't read any of her favorites, but I love this link! What fun it is to learn why different authors like their favorite books... fascinating look in to their personalities. Plus, I'm having a field day adding books to my "to-buy" list. So many books that I would never have looked at before.

Thanks, Angie, for the link!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I was pleased to see she liked A Dangerous Man! I love that author (Charlie Huston). That series/trilogy is fantastic. I highly recommend it. It is a very fast paced suspense series. That author also has a vampire series. Kind of a dark urban fantasy. He's one of my favorite authors.

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) World War Z is on my To Read shelf, and I own it, so I will get around to reading it eventually. I did read Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, which I enjoyed, so I imagine that I will enjoy WWZ too.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie Looks like you have to tab over once to the left to get to Harris' books. I can't link directly to her.

I loved World War Z. It is a really creative book!

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I'd expect nothing less from Mel Brooks' offspring...

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I have Sarah Monette on my TBR list but have not read any of her books yet.

message 8: by Katy-Del (new)

Katy-Del I loved World War Z. I had to read it twice. It gave so much to think about. Each story was different and full of astounding detail. I can't imagine having so many of such things im my head all at once. The world he creates is so complete.

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (fictionstateofmind) Hi Katy-Del I love world war Z also,so many great stories. If you like zombie fiction I really recommend The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, they are collected in trade paperbacks as well as individual comic books, I loved the Gn's so much I had to start reading the comic, I couldn't wait to see what happened next.kai

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 58 comments I really want to read World War Z.

But I have read Sarah Monette's Melusine. (And The Mirador and The Virtu, the other 2 books in the series so far; you'll want them once you've gotten into Melusine.)

What can I say? Fantasy with ***terrific*** world building, where there's mage-ocracy that rules the country of Melusine. Felix is one of the most powerful of the wizards, until he is made to fall. Who picks up the pieces? The brother neither of them knew they had, Mildmay who is a theif and assassin-- and has a potty mouth.

Go out and read!!!

message 11: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Whoo hoo! More book reccomendations! So many books... so little time!