Avatar: The Last AirBender discussion

Anime or Not?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) Well, it LOOKS anime. But it was technically made in the USA so I really don't know. What do you guys think?

message 2: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) Not
just cartoon stuff

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) Cartoon

message 4: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) But doesn't it LOOK anime to you?

message 5: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) yah but if you were to watch Naruto then watch Avatar you would see a big diffrence

message 6: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) ewww don't even speak of Naruto. I hate it sooo much . . .

message 7: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) what how can you hate Naruto it is SOO cool!!

message 8: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) by the way my brother (who loves Naruto ALOT!!) is about to hunt you down and kill you

message 9: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) Avatar Abridged is FUNNY!!

message 10: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear I hate to agree with Seth but...I just cant get into Naruto. I like Bleach and Shugo Chara Doki

message 11: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) what?? what?? you people are crazy really

message 12: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) are not!

message 13: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) you are, even if you liked Naruto you would most likley still be crazy and i dont know you guys that well

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i like naruto! sorta... i kinda dont care bout anyone but the akatsuki and falcon for now... 'specially TOBI!

anyone watch the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya?

message 15: by Susannah (last edited Nov 04, 2008 06:12AM) (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) I love Tobi
but my favorite is Gaara!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

-_-

gaara? hes not even a demon anyore, and naruto made him all GOOD and stuff... bleh

all teh "good guys" in naruto bore me! but, kishimoto kills off all teh cool chars!

oh, one good person thats cool ish shikamaru...

message 17: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) ok i LOVE shikamaru
and Gaara was cooler as a demon but he is still cool as a "good guy"

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lindsey (hannah_l) | 2 comments I watch a whole lot of random stuff... I watched Naruto, but it got kinda repetitive, so I just watch it if it comes on and I'm bored. It's not my favorite, but it's not my least favorite either.

I like Bleach, Death Note, Avatar, and some random things that have to do with vampires and dead people. :P

message 19: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) VAMPIRES!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I was bored and needed to find a group, I think I'm going to be joining like 5 more groups.
Avatar is a cartoon like anime. If you look at all the posters it's written in Chinese or whatever to make you believe it's anime, but it's just Nickolodeon.

message 21: by === (new)

=== | 23 comments Annemi is Japinese avatar is english, So tecanaly it is an animation not annemi.
But! Why did it win best annemi in Japan??????????

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

it did? and it's anime...

message 23: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) it did?? it is cartoon

message 24: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Well, technically it's an American-made cartoon, which automatically makes it not anime, but on most every anime website you go to, Avatar there, therefore making it be considered an anime. Basically, it's TECHNICALLY not an anime, but is considered an anime by most people, because it's basically the same. It's just that it was created by a different country. That's the only difference from Avatar and an anime.

message 25: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay And anyone who hates Naruto is crazy!!! Naruto is amazing!! So is Bleach.

message 26: by === (new)

=== | 23 comments and fullmetal alchemist
and death note

message 27: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) I like VK . . . and Shugo! Chara. And Ouran High school host club ;D

message 28: by === (new)

=== | 23 comments and!
wait thats the only anneme i like
besides avatar

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "And anyone who hates Naruto is crazy!!! Naruto is amazing!!"

OMG! Naruto is great!!!

message 30: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) <3 naruto

message 31: by === (new)

=== | 23 comments death note :)

message 32: by === (new)

=== | 23 comments Fma
fruba

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

<3 naruto, and hans kimi! And boys over flowers! Go all!!! :P

message 34: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) omg, someone just told me about hans kimi and their little sister reading the manga! thats really wierd . . .

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I love hana kimi it's great, my friend lent me like 6 books to take on vacation and I kept reading them for like ever!!!!!!! I love it!!!! But boys over flowers ties it up!!!!! Naruto is second since I like just started, but yeah hana kimi is great!!!!!

message 36: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) WOW, i really need to read more...

message 37: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) naruto is ok...but i can't get that much in2 it...black cat is so much better....

message 38: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay I like Death Note, Code Geass, Naruto, Bleach, Vampire Knight, Fullmetal Alchemist, and some cute shows like Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket. Although I like the manga better for Fruits Basket. Anyhow... why isn't Naruto airing!!?? *sob* Stupid cartoon network. :( I just wanna watch shippuden with my english voice actors because I love them.

message 39: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) dido!

message 40: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) hmmm...dont think avatar is anime...

message 41: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay It's not anime, but it's pretty much the same thing. The drawing style is actually quite different from anime, and for the most part, it's really not as in tense and adulty (that's not a word...) as most anime. However, as I said up there, most people just consider it anime anyway, because a lot of anime fans enjoy Avatar as well. If you go to justubs, a website of only English dubbed animes, you'll find Avatar on the list to the right, even though it's technically not.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I agree and vampire knight is awesome

Fruit Roll Down [Vivienne] (animehplover) | 9 comments vampire knight is AMAZING zero and yuki forever yo...
anyways,
i think avatar may be a mix
and besides,
you cant REALLY say the way they draw the carttons/anime determines wethers its anime or a catoon, because anime has A LOT of different styles of drawing, it just depends on the artist. so yeah... i just think its just a mix between both.

message 44: by Maura (new)

Maura The only way I can tell if something is close to anime is by the character's facial expressions. Like when they're angry.

message 45: by May (new)

May oh yeah. how it has the red square thingy!

message 46: by Maura (new)

Maura Yeah!! And when the get frustrated, a little tear drop goes down their forehead.

message 47: by May (new)

May lol. sweat.

message 48: by Maura (new)

Maura Whatever.

message 49: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) For the original question.
It IS an anime, just, like a fake-anime. That's what I think it is. I may be wrong though. Probably am too.

message 50: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 2 comments i think it would count as an anime