Literature & Film discussion

Gone Baby Gone

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Curlykerry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Curlykerry | 2 comments I recently saw the movie Gone Baby Gone. Wow.
It made me want to read the book by Dennis Lehane. Anyone read it? Anyone seen the movie AND read the book?

message 2: by Tosh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Tosh | 68 comments I haven't seen the film nor read the book. Do you recommend the film?

message 3: by Alison (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Alison This is one of the few movies that has come along lately that I would like to see on the big screen. Unfortunately, I'm trying to read seven books this month. Haha. How does this compare to Mystic River?

message 4: by Tosh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Tosh | 68 comments I am also interested in reading the Hansen book as well as seeing the Jesse James film. But I think it's disappearng into the neitherworld at the moment.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Walker (wolfiesma) | 10 comments I joined recently so I had to do an archive search to see if anyone had brought up Dennis Lehane (Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River.) I saw GBG and thought it was incredible. After watching the movie I went and read Mystic River which was very similar. I believe there is another of his books currently in the works as a movie.

I know the books are a little pulpy- but his portrayal of class and family definitely resonates. I think he is worth a good look as is the Afflek brothers' excellent film, GBG.