Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

General Info > Introductions - Tell us who you are!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 139) (139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (Yvonne473) | 485 comments Mod
I'm Yvonne in New York. I have two blogs and cozy mysteries are my favorite genre.

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev | 6 comments I'm Bev in Indiana. I have two blogs--one book blog and one for quotes (which I'm sadly neglecting). My favorite genre is mystery--vintage mysteries, historical mysteries and Cozies!

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Bev wrote: "I'm Bev in Indiana. I have two blogs--one book blog and one for quotes (which I'm sadly neglecting). My favorite genre is mystery--vintage mysteries, historical mysteries and Cozies!"

Hi Bev!

Thank you for joining!

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (BearMountainBooks) Well, here I am. I have a blog where I babble about books, gardening, my cats, recipes and whatever strikes me.

I love to read and generally split my reading between urban fantasy (paranormal mysteries) and cozies. I've been know to throw in a thriller or plain fantasy now and then too!

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (Dewbie) | 3 comments My name is Barb D and I'm from the nw burbs of Chicago. I don't have a blog though. I do the majority of reading on my two e-readers. The nook touch and I just bought the new amazon fire. I never leave home without one. My favorite books to read is cozy mysteries however I do read easy romances, etc .. just about anything that's not overly graphic.

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (BearMountainBooks) Barb wrote: "My name is Barb D and I'm from the nw burbs of Chicago. I don't have a blog though. I do the majority of reading on my two e-readers. The nook touch and I just bought the new amazon fire. I nev..."

How are you liking the fire so far?

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb (Dewbie) | 3 comments Maria wrote: "Barb wrote: "My name is Barb D and I'm from the nw burbs of Chicago. I don't have a blog though. I do the majority of reading on my two e-readers. The nook touch and I just bought the new amazon..."

I really like it a lot. Downloading library books is a breeze. The kindle fire is a joint e-reader for both my husband and myself. Every once in a while my husband has to spend the night where he works at so he can take the kindle fire with him and play games, check the internet, etc without taking the laptop. Other than that ... IT's MINE. Yea!!

message 8: by Yvonne (new)

Barb wrote: "Maria wrote: "Barb wrote: "My name is Barb D and I'm from the nw burbs of Chicago. I don't have a blog though. I do the majority of reading on my two e-readers. The nook touch and I just bought ..."

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it, Barb. I have the Nook Color and downloading from the library is so much fun - free books!

message 9: by Yvonne (new)

Maria wrote: "Well, here I am. I have a blog where I babble about books, gardening, my cats, recipes and whatever strikes me.

I love to read and generally split my reading between urban fantasy (paranormal m..."

Hi Maria and welcome!

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (Donna_McCoy) | 3 comments Hi! My name is Donna and I am from Iowa. I love reading all types of books. I read anything from mysteries to historical novels and everything in between. During the holidays, I especially like to read Christmas stories.

message 11: by Yvonne (new)

Donna wrote: "Hi! My name is Donna and I am from Iowa. I love reading all types of books. I read anything from mysteries to historical novels and everything in between. During the holidays, I especially like..."

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the group!

message 12: by Adriana (last edited Nov 27, 2011 06:39PM) (new)

Adriana Hi I'm Adriana from Florida. I have one blog that I started not too long ago. I love young adult, children, and dystopian books. I don't think I've ever read a cozy mystery but I happened to stumble upon a list of it and I thought I would love to read these!

message 13: by Yvonne (new)

Adriana wrote: "Hi I'm Adriana from Florida. I have one blog that I started not to long ago. I love young adult, children, and dystopian books. I don't think I've ever read a cozy mystery but I happened to stumble..."

Welcome Adriana! I hope you have fun with the cozies!

message 14: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pretty blog (:

message 15: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Kristy! I'm so glad you joined us.

message 16: by bella (new)

bella (thespiceflows) | 14 comments Hi everyone. I'm Bella, I live in Canada and my book blog is all about cozies. They are definitely my favorite genre and I can't wait for 2012 to start this challenge!

message 17: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Bella! This is going to be so much fun!

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol | 5 comments Hi all, I'm Carol from Maryland. I don't blog and I spend waaay too much time (and money) using my Kindle Fire which I love. I'm a big fan of cozies and look forward to seeing what others are reading. Since I'm a notorious "overachiever" I'm going to limit myself to the "snoop" level! :-) Happy Thanksgiving.

message 19: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Carol! I'm glad you are enjoying your Kindle Fire. Have fun with the challenge and have a great Thanksgiving!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm Elizabeth from PA. I love cozy mysteries! I have a blog, but don't use it to post, lol. I only use it to keep track of all the book & horse racing blogs that I like to read.

I'm looking forward to participating in this challenge!

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Hello Everybody!

message 22: by Yvonne (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hello, I'm Elizabeth from PA. I love cozy mysteries! I have a blog, but don't use it to post, lol. I only use it to keep track of all the book & horse racing blogs that I like to read.

I'm look..."

Welcome to the group, Elizabeth! Cozies are my favorite genre!

message 23: by Denise (new)

Denise Jo | 7 comments Hi. I'm Denise from Central Florida. Got a message about the group, and here I am. I love all types of books, except horror and sci-fi. To be honest, I had to do a google search to see exactly what a "Cozy Mystery" was, and guess what. I fit the bill. ha ha..
Just today I started reading Janet Evanovitch's new book - Explosive Eighteen.

message 24: by Yvonne (new)

Denise wrote: "Hi. I'm Denise from Central Florida. Got a message about the group, and here I am. I love all types of books, except horror and sci-fi. To be honest, I had to do a google search to see exactly ..."

Welcome Denise! I used to love reading the Janet Evanovitch books. I still do, but I'm pretty behind on all of them.

message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise Jo | 7 comments Hi Yvonne. I only like her Stephanie Plum series, and this one seems to be pretty good so far. Any recommendations would be great.

message 26: by Yvonne (new)

Denise wrote: "Hi Yvonne. I only like her Stephanie Plum series, and this one seems to be pretty good so far. Any recommendations would be great."

I mostly read her Stephanie Plum series too. I've read some of her romances, but I haven't read them in a long time. The Stephanie Plum ones are my favorites.

message 27: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 2 comments Hi all! I just stumbled upon the challenge and decided to give it a go. I am a book blogger and read a variety of books.

message 28: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Teresa! It's nice to have you with us. Have fun!

message 29: by Yvonne (new)

Hi Alison! I'm so glad you joined us. I love your blog!

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Hello all - I am Angela from Central Florida. I have a blog for book reviews it is Griperang's Bookmarks

I like to read cozy mysteries, historical fiction, chick lit, romance and just plain fiction

message 31: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Denise - where is central Florida are your from I live in St. Cloud?

Adriana - where is Florida are you from?

Donna - I was born in Sioux City and lived most of my life around that area - where in Iowa are you from?

message 32: by Adriana (last edited Dec 07, 2011 09:43PM) (new)

Adriana South Florida

message 33: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 6 comments Hello! I'm 30 and I write a blog about being a holistic cancer thriver, vegetarian/vegan recipes, spirituality, books, music, whatever strikes my fancy. I'll be updating as I go here: http://existingstricky.blogspot.com/p...

I'm also doing the Sci-Fi Challenge, 52 Books in 52 Weeks, Chick Lit, Non-Fiction Non-Memoir and hopefully a Jane Austen one when posted. I LOVE to read and variety is the spice of life!

message 34: by Yvonne (new)

Angela Lynn wrote: "Hello all - I am Angela from Central Florida. I have a blog for book reviews it is Griperang's Bookmarks

I like to read cozy mysteries, historical fiction, chick lit, romance and just plain fiction"

Welcome to the group, Angela!

message 35: by Yvonne (new)

Shanna wrote: "Hello! I'm 30 and I write a blog about being a holistic cancer thriver, vegetarian/vegan recipes, spirituality, books, music, whatever strikes my fancy. I'll be updating as I go here: http://existi..."

Welcome Shanna. I hope you have fun with the challenge!

message 36: by Deb (new)

Deb Novack (goodreadscomgoodreaddruidgirl) | 6 comments Hi everyone I'm Deb from Pa and I love cozies so I am going for level 2.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Deb wrote: "Hi everyone I'm Deb from Pa and I love cozies so I am going for level 2."

Hi Deb...I'm from PA also!

message 38: by Alis (new)

Alis Stevens | 4 comments Hi everyone I'm Alis from Utah. I just sort of stumbled on to this challenge. I love cozies and romances (if not too graphic). I received a Nook Color for Christmas and am loving it!

message 39: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Deb and Alis! Have fun with the challenge!

Alis - I got a Nook Color in September and absolutely love it. Good luck with yours!

message 40: by Beth (last edited Dec 30, 2011 11:14AM) (new)

Beth (BethsBookReviews) | 2 comments Hi!

I'm Beth from Connecticut. I blog at BethsBookReviews.com.

I'm going for the Super Sleuth level and am chomping at the bit to start! :) Hopefully this will be the motivation I need to get reading all those food related cozies I have languishing on my shelves! And perhaps even some off my Kindle!

I'm going to start with the latest Agatha Raisin though (As the Pig Turns).

Thanks for starting this Yvonne!

message 41: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Beth! I've been wanting to start the Agatha Raisin series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Enjoy the challenge!

message 42: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethsBookReviews) | 2 comments Yvonne wrote: "Welcome Beth! I've been wanting to start the Agatha Raisin series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Enjoy the challenge!"

Thanks!

The Agatha Raisin series is one of my favorites, especially on audio as the reader is so good. You really must try it! :)

message 43: by Yvonne (new)

Beth wrote: "Yvonne wrote: "Welcome Beth! I've been wanting to start the Agatha Raisin series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Enjoy the challenge!"

Thanks!

The Agatha Raisin series is one of my fa..."

I definitely will try it. I love audios so I'll check and see if my library has them.

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hi. Jennifer from the Baltimore/DC Metro area. Recently laid off from work. Mysteries/Suspense books would have to be my favorite genres with Historical Fiction being my next favorite.

message 45: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome to the challenge, Jennifer. I'm so sorry about your job. It's awful what's going on with the economy. I hope you find something else soon.

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Yvonne wrote: "Welcome to the challenge, Jennifer. I'm so sorry about your job. It's awful what's going on with the economy. I hope you find something else soon."

Thank you. I am confident I will find something before too long.

message 47: by Mirjam (new)

Mirjam (Mirjam_ABTT) | 26 comments Hi! I'm Mirjam from the Netherlands. I don't blog, but enjoy keeping track of my reading on Goodreads and try to write a review (which I really hope to get better at!) most of the time. My favourite genres are fantasy, mystery and romance.

message 48: by Yvonne (new)

Welcome Mirjam! My favorite genres are mystery and romance too!

message 49: by Mirjam (new)

Mirjam (Mirjam_ABTT) | 26 comments Thank you! It's always a pleasure to meet people with a similar taste in books. You never know what gem they have read that is just waiting for you to discover it!

message 50: by Wynn (new)

Wynn | 4 comments Hi, I'm Wynn, now I live in New Jersey, but 25 years ago, I lived in Orlando area for a few years. I found this group because I'm also a stitcher and I was following links from a stitching board to a blog (or 2) and I enjoy reading, and this looks like a fun way to start the New Year!

« previous 1 3

Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse (other topics)
Cat on the Edge: A Joe Grey Mystery (other topics)
A Pedigree to Die For (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leann Sweeney (other topics)
Shirley Rousseau Murphy (other topics)
Laurien Berenson (other topics)