future authors discussion

Random > books then and now

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments Ok most of the books you all have read, I haven't. Mostly because my kids were into historicals. I have a question....your favorite book compares to what book you had to read in school??? That way I will have an idea on what I want to read.... Do you guys like Edgar Allen Poe?

message 2: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) hes.....interesting. I enjoy more of a fast paced novel, something that gives what i want-or dont-immediatly. but many of the people in society are like that just because our world is so fast like that.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) HE'S AMAZING!!!!!

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments ok are we saying that Poe is slow paced compared to what you all like to read??

message 5: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) yea sometimes, not always, oh I don't know! lol! my taste in books varies so widely sometimes

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments Do you like a variety or mostly vampire, werewolf type stuff, any body into westerns?

message 7: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) HATE VAMPIRES!!!! sorry...

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) a variety, but no horror or vampires or werewolfs... they drive me crazy.

message 9: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments Ok, I like a good vampire story, so those blood suckers are off the list, come on guys help me out here!!!!

message 10: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Don't generally read westerns, always avoid vampires/werewolves (Twilight ruined it for me. Sorry.), My favorites are young adult romances.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mashley310) those are okay.... My personal favorite is Fantasy and Sci-fi, but I also like historical fiction, realistic fiction, and most other stuff i can get my hands on. There are very few books I dislike.

message 12: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments Ok I agree. Now that I am older explicit sex scenes just don't get it. Do any of you watch the older movies like John Wayne and that age group? I guess compared to today's hi tech they are pretty tame. But remember how close to the turn of the century they were the scenery must be pretty accurate.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

has anyone ever read anything by Stephen King

message 14: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) HaHa! No! I can't do scary things :)

message 15: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 35 comments I watched the tommy knocker one on tv, and of course the green mile, that man has an imagination!

message 16: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 1 comments hmmmmmmmm i like anything realiostic fiction. Cathy cassidy is a great author...

then ocasional i'll find a great historical fiction- help from my amazing school librarian. if you'd like to read a short one "flight of the fisherbird" is amazing