*Christian Young Adult Book Club!* discussion

Welcome! > Tell Us About Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sydney elaine (last edited Nov 19, 2011 11:00AM) (new)

sydney elaine (sydneyelaine) Here, Write a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you better.
My name is Sydney, I love to dance, I'm 13 years old, I LOVE purple. I'm from a small city in SC. I prefer the city over the country haha.

message 2: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Hi everyone! My name is Jo, I'm 22 years old, from the beautiful state of Maine. I love to read, listen to music, sketch/paint, and I love the Lord :)

Etty Kurnianingsih | 1 comments Hi there! Thank you for the invite. I'm Etty 29 years old from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm Chinese.
I love to read, drawing, writing, playing game, watching movies, listening music etc. I have more than 6 cats, though my favorite cats only 3, they are chubby and very naughty. I love black, blue and purple.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 2 comments Hi! I am Carol, Looks like I'm the oldest young-at-heart 68 year old. Love reading all types books Enjoying more Christian books since I joined Goodreads and various other book clubs. Like to cook, research subjects on my laptop, crochet, Have other interest as well. Jewelsy thanks for inviting me to join this group.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 2 comments Hey everyone! I'm Jennifer and I am almost 29( Got a birthday coming up Dec 5th). Graduate in December with my education degree and praying I can find a job here in Texas with all the state education budget cuts! I love reading, cooking, hanging out with my friends and mentoring youth girls at church. And, I love decorating cakes. Want to take the rest of the cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby someday. I have taken one and taught myself other techniques. It's a random hobby I love.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Bridget I live in Texas and am 14. My hobbies are guitare, baking, writing, reading and collecting VHS tapes.

message 7: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Riddle (abbieday) | 1 comments My name is Abbie. I received an invite for this group from a friend. I am 33 (on Dec 21st) and a mother of 4 living children (one in heaven) ages 10, 8, 3 and 4 and one on the way in February. I live in NorthEast Texas. I home school all of my children and am active in women's ministry and teen ministry.

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah (goodreadscomleahd) | 2 comments Hello! I'm Leah. I'm 16 years old, and I live in WI.
I just applied to my first job, and am hoping to get a call;)
I love reading, spending time with family, working, watching movies, and pretty much anything fun and relaxing.(sometimes crazy!)
Thanks for the invite!

message 9: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ I'm Tiki. I live in Virginia, USA. Most of the "Christian" books I've read have been hit or miss (just because of my picky theology. XD) but I'd love to get some suggestions for some good ones. I'm 13. This year I've been getting to read a lot of YA Christian books through school (the history of the church). Thanks for the invite! :) I adore reading, writing poetry and short stories, listening to music, and wathing TV. (My favorites being NCIS, The mentalist, Supernatural, and ER XD). Nice being here!

-Tiki

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Milholland | 1 comments Thanks for the invite. I'm Shannon. I'm 41 so on the "old" end of "young" readers but young is a state of mind, right? I live in Memphis and write and speak.

message 11: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (mackenzied) | 3 comments I'm MacKenzie and probaly "younger" than most of you here. @Tiki Have you read the Dragons in our Midst?

message 12: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (mackenzied) | 3 comments I also like to read, play the piano and swim.

message 13: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Mackenzie wrote: "I'm MacKenzie and probaly "younger" than most of you here. @Tiki Have you read the Dragons in our Midst?"

I have. :) Most of them at least.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! My name is Bernadette, and I live in AB Canada, I LOVE to Dance, Ballroom and Figure Skating, play the Piano and Flute, READ (LOL!) Snowboard, Ski, dirt bike, Sew and quilt, talk! and write =D

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) Hi! I'm Queen Lucy. I love Narnia, reading, riding horses, being outside, playing the piano, and sewing.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats nice your Dad is a paster :)

message 17: by Jill (new)

Jill Williamson (jillwilliamson) Hello! I'm Jill. I live in Oregon. I love all things YA, especially Christian/clean YA. I write Christian YA books too. Thanks for inviting me to the group! I'm so excited to see a Christian Young adult book club! How do things work here? Do you all try and read the same books, then talk about them?

The one who laughs alot. :) Queen Susan The Gentle wrote: "Thats nice your Dad is a paster :)"

yea, some people ask me how bad it is, and i meen, I kind of enjoy it. :)

message 19: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 2 comments Hey Everyone!!! My name is Kasey. I'm 17. I love to read, write, draw, hang out with friends, hunt(I'm an 'outside, crazy, country girl'):), ride my horse, knit, cook, decorate, and I really enjoy interacting with people. I'm a big people person! lol This looks like a super fun group and I'm looking forward to being here!!! ;)

message 20: by Jill (new)

Jill Williamson (jillwilliamson) Welcome, Kasey! I know how to crochet, but I've always wanted to learn to knit.

message 21: by Kasey (last edited Nov 29, 2011 02:20PM) (new)

Kasey | 2 comments Really!?!?!? That's so cool!!! I've tryed to crochet, but didn't get the hang of it... Are you working on any projects right now??? Right now I'm knitting scarves and hats for my friends and family for Christmas!!! (Shh, don't tell!!!) :D

message 22: by Jill (new)

Jill Williamson (jillwilliamson) Kasey,

Your secret is safe with me! lol

No crochet projects right now. I crocheted scarves last year. This year I'm beading mini Christmas trees and snowflake ornaments. I like beads. :-)

message 23: by jillian n. (last edited Nov 30, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

jillian n. (attolis) Hi! I'm Nessima, I'm 14, and I'm a horse riding, book reading, jewellery making, forest loving, and extremely nerdy kind of girl.
My fav music bands/singers are Taylor Swift, The Script, Owl City, and Colbie Callait. I LOVE history, photography, and anything having to do with Lord of the Rings.
Looking forward to being part of this group!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I love owl city!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone!! I'm Kaley and Im 12 years old. I absolutely LOVE Christ though Ive had my ups and downs :) I also love to read :)

message 26: by jillian n. (new)

jillian n. (attolis) Queen Susan said: "I love owl city!"

Isn't he awesome? Have you heard "Deer in the Headlights"? that's my new favorite song (this month, anyway)! and the video is awesome (especially if you've ever seen "Back to the future")

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby Curtis | 2 comments Mod
i'm abby and i anm freaking awesome.

message 28: by jillian n. (new)

jillian n. (attolis) you're not known for false modesty, are you? lol

message 29: by Abby (new)

Abby Curtis | 2 comments Mod
sorry no.

message 30: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla Hello, My name is Mikayla. I'm 13. I live in Texas, in the middle of the country. (You can't see another house from are property!)I have six siblings and love it. I love it write, read, dance, go for long walks, talk with friends and family, ART, photography and reading my bible. I love purple. I never cared for the city. I'm Homeschooled (I'm in my Jr year of high school) and proud of the fact. :)